where do I find detailed info on the user entity and do I get an instance of it? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

We have a custom solution here where the vendor uses Microsoft Dynamics  as base. They have created a custom entity (contactrelationships) and one of the fields/attributes of the entity is something called "ownerid". I looked at the GUI/website and it seems this attribute is just a user from the user entity.

I've searched the net  for info on the user entity (I've downloaded the ERD too Microsoft provides) and I cannot find info on it. There are various stuff that talks about user and teams but nothing like this MSDN page on the contacts entity.

Basically I have a custom entity here where one of the attributes/fields (name is ownerid) uses the user entity. I verified this when I viewed the entity on the website and clicking on the ownerid lead me to the user management webpage.

I want to create a new instance of this custom entity and properly assign the ownerid attribute. I've use EntityReference before but I'm not sure this is the right way to go.

Can you please help? Thanks :)

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 6:54 AM

All replies