Duplicate Detection Possibility RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to configure Duplicate detection rule for accounts based up on

(Exact Match - Post code) AND (First five characters of account name) or (Exact Match - Main phone number)  or (Exact Match - Street 1).

I didn't find this kind of option. The system is automatically working on AND functionality. Is there any solution for this kind of requirement.

If you need any information please let me know.

Pavan CRM Consultant
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 3:00 PM

Answers

• Pavan,

this means that it is by design and you would not be able to change the behaviour of duplicate detection rule creation mechanism.

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, November 4, 2010 8:24 PM
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 3:37 PM
  • If your AND/OR conditions based on your original post are structured literally as you indicated them, then Andriy's first recommendation to use 3 different rules works.  Consider the following three conditions isolated into 3 separate rules:

1. (Exact Match - Post code) AND (First five characters of account name)
    2. (Exact Match - Main phone number)
    3. (Exact Match - Street 1)
    When a new account is placed into the system, each rule will be evaluated independently, which is functionally identical to an "OR" condition.  If the new record matches an existing record identified with any of the three rules, it will be identified as a duplicate.  I believe, but don't know, that the conditions are all evaluated within the same process, and that you will not be prompted multiple times about a duplication that matches more than one of the established rules.
    Dave Berry - MVP Dynamics CRM - http:\\crmentropy.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 11:03 PM
  • So, write the 3 rules like this:

2. (Exact Match - Post code) AND (Exact Match - Main phone number)
    3. (Exact Match - Post code) AND (Exact Match - Street 1)

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, November 4, 2010 8:25 PM
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 3:57 PM
  • The proper notation for your conditions should have been:

(Exact Match - Post code) AND ( (First five characters of account name) OR (Exact Match - Main phone number) OR (Exact Match - Street 1) )

Notice the extra parenthesis, which clearly identifies the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th conditions as being grouped.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 4:00 PM

All replies

• Hello, Pavan.

Try to create 3 separated rules instead of trying push it to one.

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 3:04 PM
  • Thank you for the reply I don't have problem in creating 3 separate rules but in

Settings --> Data Management --> Duplicate Detection Rules --> when we are trying to create new duplicate detection rule.

We don't have a option either AND OR. We just have a option to select the Entity and specify certain parameters. The system by default works on AND functionality.

But I like to configure Duplicate detection rule using AND OR functionality between different attributes of a account entity.?

Pavan CRM Consultant
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 3:30 PM
  • Pavan,

this means that it is by design and you would not be able to change the behaviour of duplicate detection rule creation mechanism.

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 3:37 PM
  • Hi,

Yes you are right. I like to know is there any work around solution for this requirement.

Pavan CRM Consultant
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 3:43 PM
  • If your AND/OR conditions based on your original post are structured literally as you indicated them, then Andriy's first recommendation to use 3 different rules works.  Consider the following three conditions isolated into 3 separate rules:

2. (Exact Match - Main phone number)
    3. (Exact Match - Street 1)
    When a new account is placed into the system, each rule will be evaluated independently, which is functionally identical to an "OR" condition.  If the new record matches an existing record identified with any of the three rules, it will be identified as a duplicate.  I believe, but don't know, that the conditions are all evaluated within the same process, and that you will not be prompted multiple times about a duplication that matches more than one of the established rules.
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 11:03 PM
  • Thank you for the information but if I do three seperate rules and when a new account is created if 1st or 2nd or 3rd rule matches duplicate detection works. But I dont want like this because with same post code we have many accounts and contacts so

when 1st rule matches then only the system must check for 2nd and 3rd rule. It is something like If first condition satisfies then go to next.

This we can do for existing records by using Duplicate Detection Job by grouping

(Exact Match - Post code) ----------------------------------------> Group 1

AND

(First five characters of account name)

OR

(Exact Match - Main phone number)                 ------------------> Group 2

OR

(Exact Match - Street 1)

Same thing I am trying for newly created records.

Pavan CRM Consultant
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 11:23 AM
  • So, write the 3 rules like this:

2. (Exact Match - Post code) AND (Exact Match - Main phone number)
    3. (Exact Match - Post code) AND (Exact Match - Street 1)

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 3:57 PM
  • The proper notation for your conditions should have been:

(Exact Match - Post code) AND ( (First five characters of account name) OR (Exact Match - Main phone number) OR (Exact Match - Street 1) )

Notice the extra parenthesis, which clearly identifies the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th conditions as being grouped.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 4:00 PM