none
MCSE - BI Career path

Question

• I want to achieve MCSE - BI certification, according to its path i need to pass all 5 papers.

70-461,70-462,70-463,70-466,70-467

I clear 70-466 exam few month ago. When I am checking my certification activity, it is suggesting that I have missed 70-461,70-462 and 70-463 exams. I already have MCSE - Data plateform 2012 certification and passed all 3 exams my questions are....

Q1 Why I need to pass these exams again?

Q2 Can I upgrade MCSE - 2012 certification to MCSE - 2014 with same exam codes?

Shamas Saeed (if Post helpful please mark as Answer) http://shamas-saeed.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 25, 2016 5:56 AM

Answers

• I clear 70-466 exam few month ago. When I am checking my certification activity, it is suggesting that I have missed 70-461,70-462 and 70-463 exams. I already have MCSE - Data plateform 2012 certification and passed all 3 exams

Perhaps the problem is that you took the exams using different IDs, so the website doesn't know that they were passed by te same person. If you already took 70-461,70-462 and 70-463 for your Data Platform cert, then you don't have to take them again for the BI cert (and furthermore, not only you don't need to take them but in fact you are not allowed to take them again).

If this is the case, and you did in fact take the exams under two IDs, call the Regional Service Center and explain your situation. They should be able to merge your two transcripts and you will see all your passed exams together.

• Marked as answer by Shamas Saeed Tuesday, March 1, 2016 11:15 AM
    Saturday, February 27, 2016 1:17 PM

All replies

• Hi, Shamas.

Have you verified that you still have your MCSA for SQL Server 2012?

If I were you, I would make sure all passed exams and currently earned certification titles appear on my certification transcript.

To be clear, it is Microsoft's policy that you can never retake a certification exam once you have passed it. All passed exams remain on your transcript forever. As well, passed exams do not expire. The MCSA for SQL Server 2012 does not expire. It is only the MCSD (2 years) and MCSE (3 years) certification titles that will eventually become "Inactive", requiring you to take one additional recertification exam or participate in online training at MVA. Learn more about recertification here:
    Microsoft Recertification Policies

My recommendation for you would be to contact your local Microsoft Regional Service Center. Be sure to choose the correct one for where you live. Here is a site that lists them all:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/help.aspx

They can help clear up your transcript.

Note: I just want to be clear because so many people become confused about this: Passing certification exams are completely different than taking classroom or virtual training with Microsoft courseware. Taking a class doesn't earn you a certification. Taking a monitored certification exam on a computer is much different.

Good luck!

Friday, February 26, 2016 7:10 AM
    Answerer
  • I clear 70-466 exam few month ago. When I am checking my certification activity, it is suggesting that I have missed 70-461,70-462 and 70-463 exams. I already have MCSE - Data plateform 2012 certification and passed all 3 exams

Perhaps the problem is that you took the exams using different IDs, so the website doesn't know that they were passed by te same person. If you already took 70-461,70-462 and 70-463 for your Data Platform cert, then you don't have to take them again for the BI cert (and furthermore, not only you don't need to take them but in fact you are not allowed to take them again).

If this is the case, and you did in fact take the exams under two IDs, call the Regional Service Center and explain your situation. They should be able to merge your two transcripts and you will see all your passed exams together.

• Marked as answer by Shamas Saeed Tuesday, March 1, 2016 11:15 AM
    Saturday, February 27, 2016 1:17 PM
  • Hello Shamas,

if you have already passed MCSE exam & you have MCSE certificated so you do not need to give exam again.you just do one thing show your certificate in Microsoft. Maybe it happens by mistake. 
    Wednesday, October 26, 2016 5:55 AM