Fix it won't install RRS feed

• General discussion

• Downloaded file & tried installation but get error message "Connection could not be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:555"

Disabled Kaspersky suit protection but to no avail.

Running current XP software.

This tool sounds a grate idea but I would appreciate some information to enable the installation

Thanks,

Ron

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:22 AM

All replies

• Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Fix it Center (beta).

This problem is being researched. We'll update this thread when we have more information.

Regards

Daniel Chow
    Sr. Software Development Engineer
    Product Quality and Online

This email is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 3:11 AM
  • And when will that be Daniel?
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 12:04 AM
  • Dear Customers,

The issue could be as a result of virus or malware infection, since you’re able to browse the internet with other web browsers.

Method 1:

I’d suggest you to run complete antivirus and malware scan on your computer and check for any possible traces of infection.

If you do not have an antivirus program installed on your computer, I’d suggest you to download and install Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) from the link below:

Microsoft Security Essentials
    http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

You may refer the thread “How to get rid of malware” by MVP by Vincenzo Di Russo for information to remove malware from your computer:

How to get rid of malware
    http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistasecurity/thread/ba80504b-61f1-4d71-960f-b561798b7b42

Method 2:

You may reset Internet Explorer (IE) settings and check if that fixes the issue.

Access the link below and run the ‘Fix it’ tool to automatically reset the IE settings:

How to reset Internet Explorer settings
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

If the Fix it tool doesn’t work you may manually reset IE settings by following the steps provided under “Let me do it myself” section.

Method 3:

If the above steps do not help in fixing the issue, you may reset the Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).

The reset command is available in the IP context of the NetShell utility. Follow these steps to use the reset command to reset TCP/IP manually:

Access the link below and run the ‘Fix it’ tool to automatically reset TCP/IP:

How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

If the Fix it tool doesn’t work you may manually reset TCP/IP by following the steps provided under “Let me do it myself” section.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Daniel Chow
    Sr. Software Development Engineer
    Product Quality and Online

This email is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Saturday, December 18, 2010 6:04 AM
  • Microsoft

a) Internet Explorer 8 gathers additional memory per even reloading a Facebook page at about 20 MB per reload, gathers additional memory during ordinary browsing with .PHP or .JS or .Java pages in all versions. It is sick.  FIX IT.

b) Fixit stopped installing about a week ago in the current beta release, and is refusing to run setup upon download.  It is sick.  FIX FIXIT.

We tested it across XP, Vista and 7, and it is system independent, they all leak memory and fix it won't install.

Gosh you guys!

NT

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 6:40 PM
  • Hi Daniel,

trying to repair a RPC service unavailable problem. Downloaded FIXit for printer problems but it won't install. Seems to be stuck on Installing PowerShell. Offfice programs are freezing up when i hit print and am getting Subsystem App errors; memory could not be written to; printer information could not be read and printer spooling messages.

I have Windows XP 3. Had the sme problem with my Windows 7 (printer spooling) but it fixed it all by itself.

Any ideas?

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:20 PM
  • I have the same problem with Microsoft FixIt not installing. It would seem to that Microsoft would want to fix the problem with the registry instead of expecting a user to have to temporarily change a registry file name each time they want to use FixIt, then change the file name back again after they use Fix It. Seems a little user unfriendly to me and expects users that are not computer techs to have to perform tech type of operation to use their products.
    Sunday, October 14, 2012 9:05 PM