Can't login to MS Money RRS feed

• Question

• I started with MS Money 2006 and had a password. A few weeks ago it wouldn't work anymore. I upgraded to Money Plus and now it wants my Windows Live ID & password. When I installed 2006 I did NOT have or use a Live ID. My old password doesn't work and my Live ID & password don't work. How can I login?
    Friday, April 13, 2012 6:28 PM

Answers

• The Live ID would not be associated with the installation, but rather with the file.

Let's assume that you did not ever have a LiveID on that file. Let's assume that you remember the password on your file. If that is the case, I would proceed this way.

Copy all of your *.mny and *.mbf onto other media such a a USB flash drive before continuing. This will save you in case your hard drive fails, or if you accidently overwrite something useful.

So I am thinking that your file may be corrupted. The good news is that, by default, Money 2006 kept a backup (*.mbf) of your latest 4 times that you closed Money.

At this point, if you have your Money 2006 installation disk, I would consider uninstalling Money Plus Deluxe Sunset and installing Money 2006, since your Money 2006 *may* still get some direct data access. If that doesn't work, Sunset should work for you. There are other ways to get quotes.

Whichever one you go with, close Money. Then find your newest *.mbf file in Internet Explorer. Double-click that file. That should launch Money and start the restore. Do not use the remembered filename, but instead Browse to your Documents folder. Select a new name such as TexasDogs2.mny

If that does not work, repeat that process, except this time use your second-newest backup file.

• Marked as answer by texasdogs Saturday, April 14, 2012 5:03 PM
    Friday, April 13, 2012 7:59 PM

All replies

• The Live ID would not be associated with the installation, but rather with the file.

Let's assume that you did not ever have a LiveID on that file. Let's assume that you remember the password on your file. If that is the case, I would proceed this way.

Copy all of your *.mny and *.mbf onto other media such a a USB flash drive before continuing. This will save you in case your hard drive fails, or if you accidently overwrite something useful.

So I am thinking that your file may be corrupted. The good news is that, by default, Money 2006 kept a backup (*.mbf) of your latest 4 times that you closed Money.

At this point, if you have your Money 2006 installation disk, I would consider uninstalling Money Plus Deluxe Sunset and installing Money 2006, since your Money 2006 *may* still get some direct data access. If that doesn't work, Sunset should work for you. There are other ways to get quotes.

Whichever one you go with, close Money. Then find your newest *.mbf file in Internet Explorer. Double-click that file. That should launch Money and start the restore. Do not use the remembered filename, but instead Browse to your Documents folder. Select a new name such as TexasDogs2.mny

If that does not work, repeat that process, except this time use your second-newest backup file.

• Marked as answer by texasdogs Saturday, April 14, 2012 5:03 PM
    Friday, April 13, 2012 7:59 PM
  • Thanks so much, I haven't tried it yet, but judging from your rating on the forum, if you can't help me nobody can!!

Marie

Saturday, April 14, 2012 5:03 PM