Feature Request - Change the Default Folder RRS feed

• General discussion

• Dear Windows Live Writer,

Several weeks ago, I downloaded the latest beta of the Windows Live Writer.  First up, let me congratulate you on a fantastic piece of software.  I have two blogs and Windows Live Writer makes it much easier to work with both.  However, I have found one major annoyance.

I would like to change the default folder for posts.  The default location at "Username\Documents\My Weblog Posts" doesn't really work for me.  I also dislike the diminuitive "My" in front of everything.

The ability to set the default folder would make an already great piece of software just about perfect.

Best,

Rob Oakes
    Robert Oakes
    Wednesday, December 31, 2008 1:14 AM

All replies

• Thank you for the feedback.  We are going to look at doing something like this in the future. 
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Monday, January 5, 2009 1:27 AM
  • Has anyone found a way around this until feature requests yield a more polished solution?
    I'd love to dump that folder elsewhere also.
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 6:14 PM
  • I'd like to request the same feature. I post in two different blogs but all the posts end up mixed in "My Weblog Posts", I'd like to have a separate folder for each account.
    Thank you.
    onilop
    Sunday, June 21, 2009 7:14 PM
  • I would like to change the default folder for posts.  The default location at "Username\Documents\My Weblog Posts" doesn't really work for me.  I also dislike the diminuitive "My" in front of everything.
    I agree.  I keep the Documents folder organized and will not use software that interferes with that organization.  Until Microsoft fixes this, I will not be using this program.
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 8:38 PM
  • I agree completely about wanting this feature, but there is no better program functionally speaking, so refusing to use an app over a folder name is pretty limiting on your own part. :)
    Thursday, July 2, 2009 8:02 PM