none
SyncToy 2.1 does not update process bar after reading certain number of files/folders RRS feed

  • Question

  • SyncToy 2.1 does not update process bar after reading certain number of files, the result looks like, sync "stucks" somewhere, and always on the same folder. in fact it still works because if you wait patiently, sync will be complete, just the process bar does not get updated after about 15%...

    screenshot of process explorer when it "stucks"

     

     

    I was syncing (previewing) about 20K images, from harddisk to USB drive.

    v2.0 does not have this problem

    Vista U, English.

     

    Monday, May 10, 2010 5:10 PM

All replies

  • Just like you said, it is not stopped there, just while SyncToy doing syncing, some big file need spend more time though I am not sure what is the special files there.

    We will consider to improve the user experience in the furture version.

    Thanks for your response!

     

    Thanks,

    Ping


    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Ping Lu Friday, May 21, 2010 9:10 AM
    Friday, May 14, 2010 4:16 AM
  • Just like you said, it is not stopped there, just while SyncToy doing syncing, some big file need spend more time though I am not sure what is the special files there.

    We will consider to improve the user experience in the furture version.

    Thanks for your response!

     

    Thanks,

    Ping


    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

     

    1. there are no big files, all are digital photos, average 2MB per file.

    2. it does not look like spending times on some files, in fact, it spends times on the rest of 85% of 20,000 files.

    3. i have no idea to know how many times left to complete each sync if process bar does not get updated, very inconvenience.

    i now installed back to v2.0

     

    Sunday, May 16, 2010 4:47 PM
  • i tried v2.1 one more time. this time i removed everything created by v2.0 (formatted the 8GB USB drive, deleted SyncToy_xxx.dat file) and re-copy everything from PC by v2.1.

    the issue seems to be solved, progress bar is updated as expetcted udring the sync.

    looks like v2.1 is not fully compatible with contents created by v2.0

     

    Monday, May 17, 2010 7:03 AM