What is difference in Products and Order Products in a Order screen RRS feed

• Question

• I'm confused about what the Order Products are in an order screen on the left hand tree.  If I select "Products" in the same tree I get a full list of the product related to this order, however, when I select "Order Products" from the tree, nothing shows up.  What am I missing?
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 11:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    "Product" and "Order Product" are two different entities.

"Product" contains all the products registered in your CRM, "Order Product" store the lines of an order containing an existing product or a write-in product.

For example in your CRM you have five products: Product A, Product B, Product C, Product D, Product E.

You create an order for a customer, where you sell to him Product A, Product C and a custom maintenance service.

You will add to the Order 3 "Order Product", 2 of these "Order Product" will contain a lookup (reference) to the "Product" entity (for Product A and Product C) the third "Order Product" will be a "write-in" product with a custom description as "custom maintenance service".

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

• Proposed as answer by Abhishek73 Wednesday, April 29, 2015 5:54 AM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 2:06 AM
  • Thanks for the information, however, the issue is different so I'll explain better.  I understand the difference in the entities of Products and Order Products, the problem is when I open an order, there is a tree on the left in the Related section labeled Common and under this you have Products and Order Products.  When I select products it shows me all of the products that are on this order.  When I select Order Products, nothing appears, so I wonder what the Order Products is used for.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 11:35 AM