'PluginType' entity doesn't contain attribute with Name = 'customworkflowactivityinfo' RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

organizations created after installing rollup 14 don't have 'customworkflowactivityinfo' column in their 'plugintypebase' entity table (and are missing the corresponding entity attribute). Organizations created before the rollup do have it. The missing column prevents registration of custom workflow activities. Building against the newest SDK (5.0.16) doesn't help. Is this a known issue in rollup 14 or do we just have to wait for SDK 5.0.17?

Regards,
        Ilkka

Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:12 PM

Answers

• Rollup 15 fixes this problem.

- Ilkka

• Marked as answer by ipriha Monday, October 14, 2013 12:17 PM
    Monday, October 14, 2013 12:17 PM

All replies

• We have exactly the same issue when creating a new dialog. It errors out. 

The error on the query build is:

The specified field does not exist in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

If I do a diagnostic trace I see:

Type: Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.AttributeMetadataNotFoundException
    >ErrorCode: 0x80041103: 
    >Message (87): 'PluginType' entity doesn't contain attribute with Name = 'customworkflowactivityinfo'.

I have checked the PluginType table and sure enough the column is missing.

Friday, August 23, 2013 1:51 PM
  • We had the same problem when registering Custom Workflow Activities.

In our case the issue was that we had installed Rollup 14 in the servers, however the Organization (database) was still in Rollup 6. By updating the organization using Deployment Manager we were able to register our workflows with no problems.

• Proposed as answer by B sreenivasulu Friday, August 23, 2013 2:57 PM
    Friday, August 23, 2013 2:48 PM
  • All of our organisations are updated to Rollup 14 in deployment manager. (5.0.9690.3557)

If I create a new organisation it has this field present in the database. Those converted or upgraded do not contain it and I therefore can't create dialogs or workflows.

I have even tried taking a Rollup 11 organisation across to our dev server running rollup 14 and it still doesn't create the required column. Clearly a bug in Rollup 14.

Monday, August 26, 2013 11:00 AM
  • Same thing even when creating new empty organization: table doesnt contains this field

*.3557 version shows everywhere (deployment manager, sql tables in org_MSCRM / MSCRM_Config databases)

Thursday, September 19, 2013 1:47 PM
  • We had this issue with an earlier roll up.

Our issue was that oneof the sdk dll's was in the GAC and was the old version so the plugin was using this. Check you don't have any of the dll's registered in the GAC (or anywhere else where it may be coded to use a specific version) and that everything is on the same roll up 

Chris

Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:21 PM
  • Rollup 15 fixes this problem.

- Ilkka

• Marked as answer by ipriha Monday, October 14, 2013 12:17 PM
    Monday, October 14, 2013 12:17 PM
  • Same thing even when creating new empty organization: table doesnt contains this field

*.3557 version shows everywhere (deployment manager, sql tables in org_MSCRM / MSCRM_Config databases)

some workaround:

1. install RU 13 in test environment

2. copy corrupted production DB to test env.

3. import organization under RU13

4. move DB to production, and import organization again. you may see that column(s) in db before moving DB back to prod.

Monday, October 14, 2013 12:49 PM