MCTS- 70-536 RRS feed

• Question

• Im planning to go for 70-536, as im a novice to the certifications, plz guide me regarding 70-536 and will it be helpful for applying jobs n vl i be atleast MCP certified by just passing dis exam ?? will i be able to download logo by passing dis Exam??/....I dont have any work experience as well...  Also plz suggest me the materials and books for preparation! Thanks in Advance.

Smitabk

Monday, July 18, 2011 4:34 PM

Answers

• Smitabk,

First of all you can go for .NET 4.0 certifications instead of 3.5 which you may need to upgrade at some point of time. So why not go for 4.0 instead of 3.5. Besides in 4.0, you need to pass only one exam comparing to 3.5 where you need to finish the pre-req 70-536

Preparation materials: Since you dont have much experience, I would recommend you to first get asp .net 4.0 books, study, practise and then use the microsoft self-training kit which would complement the info you learnt in asp .net book. So studyi/practising just microsoft training kit may not be enough,

Good lcuk

Rakesh
    • Proposed as answer by Rakesh Vasu Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by Smitabk Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:49 PM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:21 PM
  • Hi,

You tell us that you are a novice in certification that's not a problem. Are you a novice at programming as well because 70-536 is a tough exam. There is a lot to learn and is nothing an exam to take lightly. Take a look here for the exam overview: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-536&locale=en-us#tab3 and i must say that the MCTS Self-paced training kit mentioned in the preparation materials helped me a lot. Personally i followed some Instructor Led classes as well because i think you need a lot of hands on experience on .Net

Will it be helpfull applying for jobs? that might vary by region. You should always remember that you certify for yourself and not for a job. If a job requires it you should be driven to try to pass for that exam because you like the technology. So if you want to start make sure you have a pc where you can do a lot of hands on training. The training kit will have some excerises to do so start with those. Furthermore look for other forums where you can post questions about .Net (Visual Studio forum would be a good one) and start asking questions there as well.

Be persistant. If you don't succeed the first time try again.

Need more info regarding the certification and exams ask here and there will be plenty of people willing to answer your questions.

Maurice
    • Marked as answer by Smitabk Monday, July 18, 2011 5:42 PM
    Monday, July 18, 2011 5:29 PM
  • Microsoft Press have  Exam book

http://www.mspress.com.au/title.aspx?isbn=0735626197

has proved useful and used by many training companies

Cheers

Craig

Craig Roberts Woodslane
    Monday, July 18, 2011 11:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You tell us that you are a novice in certification that's not a problem. Are you a novice at programming as well because 70-536 is a tough exam. There is a lot to learn and is nothing an exam to take lightly. Take a look here for the exam overview: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-536&locale=en-us#tab3 and i must say that the MCTS Self-paced training kit mentioned in the preparation materials helped me a lot. Personally i followed some Instructor Led classes as well because i think you need a lot of hands on experience on .Net

Will it be helpfull applying for jobs? that might vary by region. You should always remember that you certify for yourself and not for a job. If a job requires it you should be driven to try to pass for that exam because you like the technology. So if you want to start make sure you have a pc where you can do a lot of hands on training. The training kit will have some excerises to do so start with those. Furthermore look for other forums where you can post questions about .Net (Visual Studio forum would be a good one) and start asking questions there as well.

Be persistant. If you don't succeed the first time try again.

Need more info regarding the certification and exams ask here and there will be plenty of people willing to answer your questions.

Maurice
    • Marked as answer by Smitabk Monday, July 18, 2011 5:42 PM
    Monday, July 18, 2011 5:29 PM
  • Thankyou Maurice!

I know kind of programming which is done at the college level, as i dont have hands on experience. I dont know how to start as well.....

Monday, July 18, 2011 5:41 PM
  • Microsoft Press have  Exam book

http://www.mspress.com.au/title.aspx?isbn=0735626197

has proved useful and used by many training companies

Cheers

Craig

Craig Roberts Woodslane
    Monday, July 18, 2011 11:26 PM
  • Smitabk,

First of all you can go for .NET 4.0 certifications instead of 3.5 which you may need to upgrade at some point of time. So why not go for 4.0 instead of 3.5. Besides in 4.0, you need to pass only one exam comparing to 3.5 where you need to finish the pre-req 70-536

Preparation materials: Since you dont have much experience, I would recommend you to first get asp .net 4.0 books, study, practise and then use the microsoft self-training kit which would complement the info you learnt in asp .net book. So studyi/practising just microsoft training kit may not be enough,

Good lcuk

Rakesh
    • Proposed as answer by Rakesh Vasu Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:21 PM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:21 PM