CRM 2011 Form Ribbon Bar Disappeared RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts,

I have found one strange issue with CRM 2011. I have two CRM instance on different server but pointing to same sql database. So one is acting as a virtual server. I have an entity form that has some JavaScript functions and two buttons. We have written custom rule to enable or disable button. It works perfectly on one server while on another server ribbon bar disappeared. We are on rollup 15.

Do you think it is because of custom button? If yes, then why it shows the ribbon bar on first CRM?

Can somebody suggest any solution for this?

Thanks!

Monday, February 10, 2014 10:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Javascript errors in EnableRule can cause the Ribbon to not display correctly - so this definitely could be the issue. I suggest you first make a backup of your solution and then remove the customisation to see if it corrects the issue.

If it is only causing an issue on one server - it could be that the Javascript is only causing an issue if you access the server by a different url? Normally you would access both servers by the same virtual DNS name - and the exact server would be selected by the load balancer. If you are accessing the server via a Url that is not the one configured in CRM you can experience cross domain access issues which can cause javascripts to fail.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, February 10, 2014 11:33 AM
    Answerer