Console/OS problem - can't log in RRS feed

• Question

• My WHS still starts and my computers can connect to it but I can't log in either through the console or via Remote Desktop Connector.  The Windows Home Server screen will appear but the just the screen and WHS logo - there is no login box available.  I'm not even sure where to begin - any suggestions?  It shows as green/healthy in the system tray of one of my connecting PCs, and the health lights on the physical server show normal.  Any and all suggestions are welcome and appreciated.  Thanks.
    Sunday, April 5, 2015 3:17 PM

All replies

• Its an HP MediaSmart server BTW running the WHS software
    Sunday, April 5, 2015 3:24 PM
  • Hi,still with WHS v1 or with WHS 2011?

What do you mean with "Remote Desktop Connector"? The webinterface based or the RDP client on the PC?

What means connect - can you access the shared folders or is this referring to backup functionality?

Unfortunately the box has no video interface to check the screen directly. Could be some issue with the latest updates or hardware related stuff (a faulty sector in the right position would be enough).

The normal way to go would be to attempt a server reinstallation as outlined in the manual of the server.

(There are two ways, one would be factory reset and remove all data.)

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 1:59 PM