Windows not activating after attempting to install Service Pack 2 RRS feed

• Question

• It has done this before, and I had to call Microsoft. They walked me through a process involving command prompt, and it fixed the issue that time, but I cannot remember all of the steps. I'm on my system in reduced functionality mode [Internet Explorer] and I've pulled up cmd and tried running "net start slsvc" as most of the similar threads have been instructed to do. It came back with "Not enough quota is available to process this command."

Can anyone help? ^_^"

I also have the product key with me, but it won't activate by re-entering it either.
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:23 PM

Answers

• "Pmacek" wrote in message news:779232f3-f3bd-48d0-940a-6a9adfd837bd...
    It has done this before, and I had to call Microsoft. They walked me through a process involving command prompt, and it fixed the issue that time, but I cannot remember all of the steps. I'm on my system in reduced functionality mode [Internet Explorer] and I've pulled up cmd and tried running "net start slsvc" as most of the similar threads have been instructed to do. It came back with "Not enough quota is available to process this command."

Can anyone help? ^_^"

I also have the product key with me, but it won't activate by re-entering it either.

You should keep your PC better updated  :) Reduced functionality Mode disappeared in SP2.
    To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

The 'Not enough quota' message is relatively rare lately, and isn't directly related to your non-genuine problem (it usually disappears eventually of its own accord after a reboot or two - when it doesn't, then suspect malware)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, January 31, 2011 11:04 PM
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:56 PM

All replies

• "Pmacek" wrote in message news:779232f3-f3bd-48d0-940a-6a9adfd837bd...
    It has done this before, and I had to call Microsoft. They walked me through a process involving command prompt, and it fixed the issue that time, but I cannot remember all of the steps. I'm on my system in reduced functionality mode [Internet Explorer] and I've pulled up cmd and tried running "net start slsvc" as most of the similar threads have been instructed to do. It came back with "Not enough quota is available to process this command."

Can anyone help? ^_^"

You should keep your PC better updated  :) Reduced functionality Mode disappeared in SP2.
    To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

The 'Not enough quota' message is relatively rare lately, and isn't directly related to your non-genuine problem (it usually disappears eventually of its own accord after a reboot or two - when it doesn't, then suspect malware)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, January 31, 2011 11:04 PM
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:56 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Monday, January 31, 2011 11:03 PM