new domain name RRS feed

• Question

• every time I try to get a new domain name--the wizard tells me page cant be displayed-make sure name is correct--passport.net is correct--fix network problems. all this is done on the server--all I want to do is register a new domain name, and get 3 client computers hooked up to it

bob

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 4:40 PM

All replies

• hi,
    Can you enter msinfo32 in command prompt ,look the os name and version?
    Can you set static ip address and  correct dns for your whs 2011 ,then enter ipconfig /flushdns in command prompt ,try to do wizard again ?
    If you have video about your question , y
    our problem will be easier to solve.
    there are some documents for your reference

https://serverfault.com/questions/277818/can-i-manually-configure-a-domain-name-for-windows-home-server-2011-remote-acces

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c3a20859-24f3-462a-a9be-5a1974151f34/manually-configure-a-domain-name-in-whs-2011-what-happened-to-xxxhomeservercom?forum=whs2011

BEST REGARDS
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to
    mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 30, 2018 5:41 AM
  • ok none of that worked---it gives me the error----page cant be displayed---make sure passport.net is correct

which is all on a fix network connection page.   I have made all sorts of adjustments for IE11/flushed everything. I 'm at a total loss as to get this up and running.

bob

Thursday, August 30, 2018 4:56 PM
  • From your description, I think your problem is that the WHS wizard cannot pop up the Internet explorer web page to create a new domain name , is it correct?
    could you please give me screen shot pictures ? 
    can you Visit other websites on your WHS?
    can check the url of domain name provider's web page is add in trusted sites?

Friday, August 31, 2018 10:26 AM
  • Is there any progress on your question?
    Tuesday, September 4, 2018 8:58 AM
  • Is there any progress on your question?
    Thursday, September 6, 2018 11:38 AM