Sync Toy "Accidently" deleting user log-in profile when using Windows 7? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm going to admit I'm not all that familiar with synctoy software, so bear with me.  So at work on Wednesday we had a backup hard drive installed and a guy from IT came to set it up.  Basically, he used synctoy and set up a "left" and "right" folder.  The "left" folder contained a user profile, "1008-C" on the Hewlett Packard Touchsmart 9100 PC as well as the "Public" file under users to be copied to the "right" folder on the external hard drive.  The copy took about an hour, was successful aside from 30 or so files that could not be copied.  I used the computer without issues for the rest of the day, on the user profile "1008-C" and then shut it down on that day. 

When I returned today, on Friday, the entire user profile of "1008-C" had been deleted from the Hewlet Packard PC.  The contents of the external hard-drive did contain all the data from the user profile "1008-C" as well as the "Public" file.  My question is this, could this have been due to an error by synctoy?  The IT guy said that this must have been done by a person who purposefully deleted the profile, however, I find this hard to believe. 

Just for some background information on the computer:  Hewlett Packard PC, Touchsmart 9100, Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6570 @2.10 GHz, RAM: 4.00 GB, System type: 32-bit Operating System, running Windows 7 Professional.  The synctoy software was downloaded on Wed. from the set up file named "Sync ToySetupPackage_v21_x86," which I assume is Synctoy version 2.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

John

Friday, March 11, 2011 5:49 PM