Hotmail email issue (Outlook.com) RRS feed

• Question

• I received the following message yesterday night (November 16, 2018) when attempting to access my Hotmail email address

401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

I have tried resetting the password but every time I attempt to access my email I receive the same message.  I can access my Microsoft Account but again cannot access my Hotmail email account from there either.

I tried googling the issue but I do not understand their solution and also do not believe that is the issue.

I have restarted my computer many times and I have also cleared my browsing history and tried other browsers.

Friday, November 16, 2018 2:35 PM

Answers

• The problem has resolved itself.  I believe the Microsoft server that host my hotmail account went offline (or the authentication server).  It would be nice if Microsoft could easily tell people when there is a problem rather than have us believe we have lost everything in our hotmail account. 
    Saturday, November 17, 2018 2:04 PM

All replies

• I've the same problem. What happens?
    Friday, November 16, 2018 5:47 PM
  • The problem has resolved itself.  I believe the Microsoft server that host my hotmail account went offline (or the authentication server).  It would be nice if Microsoft could easily tell people when there is a problem rather than have us believe we have lost everything in our hotmail account. 
    Saturday, November 17, 2018 2:04 PM