When my software update happen RRS feed

• Question

•  

As a subscriber I am expecting the software to be automatically updated to version 2 from my existing 1.6 version. How soon is this likely to happen?
    Monday, December 10, 2007 10:23 PM

Answers

• The plan for the 2.0 upgrade has always been to slowly deploy it to everyone running v1.6. Problems are always anticipated with an upgrade of this magnitude, so rolling it out slowly makes a whole lot of sense. As you can probably see from reading the forums, the 2.0 upgrade caused more problems than expected for a small percentage of customers despite extensive internal and external testing and the OneCare team is now working to identify and correct the causes of these problems before staging to additional accounts. You will be upgraded automatically. If you absolutely *must* have 2.0, new installs tend to go better than upgrades. Be sure to know your subscription LiveID before uninstalling OneCare and reinstalling from http://onecare.live.com and activating with your subscription LiveID.

-steve

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 4:35 PM

All replies

• I'd like to know the answer to this question too.  I just started a 2nd computer and got version 2 when I downloaded.  I suppose one could uninstall 1.6 and download the new version, then reinstall.  I had to do that once already with the older version to get around a problem and all went well.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 12:15 AM
  • The plan for the 2.0 upgrade has always been to slowly deploy it to everyone running v1.6. Problems are always anticipated with an upgrade of this magnitude, so rolling it out slowly makes a whole lot of sense. As you can probably see from reading the forums, the 2.0 upgrade caused more problems than expected for a small percentage of customers despite extensive internal and external testing and the OneCare team is now working to identify and correct the causes of these problems before staging to additional accounts. You will be upgraded automatically. If you absolutely *must* have 2.0, new installs tend to go better than upgrades. Be sure to know your subscription LiveID before uninstalling OneCare and reinstalling from http://onecare.live.com and activating with your subscription LiveID.

-steve

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 4:35 PM