none
Replacement for Hamachi RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have been using Hamachi 2 ever since WHS has come out. Logmein is dropping the free version and I can't seem to find a replacement that works like Hamachi to be able to backup a computer at a different location on different network automatically. So does anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

Friday, May 2, 2014 6:41 PM

All replies

• You can VPN into your Server, which is what I do with WHS2011, and normal backups run as if you are on your local network. Not sure which version of WHS you are using? http://thedigitalmediazone.com/2012/03/26/how-to-set-up-vpn-for-windows-home-server-2011/

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Friday, May 2, 2014 7:41 PM
  • Phil,

I will check out link but I am using the original version of Windows Home server with power pack 3 so I'm not sure can do same thing as WHS 2011. Hope someone else might have some ideas because Hamachi did work good.

• Edited by MJMGN Friday, May 2, 2014 8:28 PM
    Friday, May 2, 2014 8:27 PM
  • Well, sometimes it may be understandable, that companies want to earn some money for their work.

So if Hamachi worked good for you, why not pay the fee? It may be cheaper, than finding and configure a different VPN solution.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Monday, May 5, 2014 8:36 AM