none
Drive beginning to fail... RRS feed

• Question

• So my icon is yelow-at risk-on my home PC. When I cut and copy a file on the "Vidoes" shre folder it tells me duplication is failing. One of the drives is starting to fail. Unfortunately it doesn't tell me which one. No errors on the console-everything is green and healthly. In the even log this is all I could find in system logs ffor an error:

There was insufficient disk space on volume C:\fs\4 to grow the shadow copy storage for shadow copies of C:\fs\4. As a result of this failure all shadow copies of volume C:\fs\4 are at risk of being deleted.

The shadow copies of volume C:\fs\4 were aborted because the shadow copy storage failed to grow.

What drive is this? Drives are 0,1,2,3,4. Is this truly drive 4? All drives in Disk Management register as Healthy. Could there be an error in S.M.A.R.T. that I can't see? Any way I can figure out what this error is?

Gerry

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 10:46 AM

All replies

• You should report this as a bug on Connect. Be sure to include a TalQ log from the server.
    Tuesday, March 13, 2007 12:09 PM
  • Actually had a similar thing happen to me.  Rebooted a couple of times and it was stable for a few days.  Then one day I got a warning that a drive was failing (unhealthy).  Once I got into the console, it was able to repair the drive and now it is running smooth again.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 3:21 PM
  • Actually I have found 2 open bugs on Connect and quite a few people have validated and posted variations on the bug I'm seeing. Shows up for different shared folders but most are basically the same.

Noonien-that's my problem though. None of the drives ever show unhealthy in the console so I have nothing to repair.

I wondering if a patch or a new beta will come out soon.

Gerry

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 4:29 PM
  • Gerry- ahhh. Sorry my misunderstanding.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 8:32 PM