Update to V2.x RRS feed

• Question

•  

In Stephen Boots' log of November 16th last year, he says WOC will automatically be up dated over the following weeks.  I am still running on v.1.6.2111.38  is there any news as to when I might get the new version.  I live in the UK.  My subscription is up to date. OS is XP

Regards

Alan

Monday, January 7, 2008 10:05 PM

Answers

• Updates to OneCare v2.0 were suspended over the holidays and we've heard have started again recently. This of course delayed the rollout, especially since there had been some issues with the release which needed to be fixed.

At this point it may still be a couple weeks before you receive your update, but unless you like to experiment, I'd recommend you wait for the update to happen on its own. That way you will receive all of the improvements including bug fixes that have been made up to that time.

OneCareBear

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 11:29 AM

All replies

• Updates to OneCare v2.0 were suspended over the holidays and we've heard have started again recently. This of course delayed the rollout, especially since there had been some issues with the release which needed to be fixed.

At this point it may still be a couple weeks before you receive your update, but unless you like to experiment, I'd recommend you wait for the update to happen on its own. That way you will receive all of the improvements including bug fixes that have been made up to that time.

OneCareBear

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 11:29 AM
  • Many thanks for the advice OneCareBear.  I think I shall be patient and have the proper download in due course.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 11:36 AM
  • It would be nice if you published this fact somewhere. Stephen Boots article says he will be telling us how to upgrade "tommorow" (i.e. 10/17/07) but he nver posted anything. Worse the reply to his blog never got a response!
    Wednesday, January 9, 2008 2:09 PM
  •  esalkin wrote:
    It would be nice if you published this fact somewhere. Stephen Boots article says he will be telling us how to upgrade "tommorow" (i.e. 10/17/07) but he nver posted anything. Worse the reply to his blog never got a response!

Where do you see this?

-steve

Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:02 AM
  •  

Wife's system updated tonight, my other two systems have not.

I paniced, but the reply allowes me to relax for a few more weeks before going through the uninstall process.

Thanks

Friday, January 11, 2008 4:13 AM
  • Oops! My bad.  Though I read the same article that the original poster referred to. I should have gone back and checked. (mea culpa)  The article I read was actually by Steve White .

I still think it would have been nice to just have a notice that the update will be delayed on the main OneCare website instead of having to hunt through the forums.
    Friday, January 11, 2008 2:42 PM
  •  esalkin wrote:
    Oops! My bad.  Though I read the same article that the original poster referred to. I should have gone back and checked. (mea culpa)  The article I read was actually by Steve White .

I still think it would have been nice to just have a notice that the update will be delayed on the main OneCare website instead of having to hunt through the forums.

Ah, thanks for the link, and no problems. :-)

And, thanks for the feedback. I think I agree that communication on the member center part of the OneCare web site would be a good thing to post a FAQ about the update...

-steve

Friday, January 11, 2008 2:49 PM
  • It would be a very good thing, especially considering the fact that - two months ago - Microsoft went out of its way to promote the new release via a mass emailing to current subscribers. I wish that I'd kept my copy for later posting's sake --- maybe someone reading this forum has one? I'd love to see it! Anyway, I'm not sure how this debacle stayed out of the pc security industry press - much less, the general press. Not exactly Microsoft's finest moment.

I appreciate the candor of Stephen Boots - I just wish that the rest of Microsoft would show the same character.

Monday, January 14, 2008 3:00 AM
  • One of the benefits of *not* being a Microsoft employee and simply a volunteer moderator is that I can be candid. :-) Of course, that also means I'm in the dark on some things, too.

Speaking of being in the dark, as far as I know, v2.0 should now have been staged to everyone, though there may still be some stragglers I suppose.

-steve

Monday, January 14, 2008 5:32 PM