none
How to check MS Certified Person Online

Question

• Hello there,

As I am in the midst of getting a new MS certified developer, would like to know the followings: 

1. How to check if he/she has been Microsoft certified, say MCSD, via online?

2. I saw there is this website but not sure how true it is and how to go about?  Need transcript ID and access code?

https://mcp.microsoft.com/Anonymous//Transcript//Validate

3. Do I have to be a MS certified person too, in order to be able to check others online?

4. When go online, what type of information needed to search for that particular person?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:27 AM

Answers

• To validate the certifications for a person, first of all that person has to go into the MCP portal and select the option to Share their Transcript. This results in a combination of transcript ID and access code. They can then provide you with those two pieces of information, and you can enter them in the "validate" URL that you already know to get the transcript of that person. You don't need to be certified yourself or enter any credentials for yourself.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to check the certification status of a given person without that person previously giving you access to their transcript by means of the aforementioned ID and access code.

Thursday, January 14, 2016 11:50 AM

All replies

• To validate the certifications for a person, first of all that person has to go into the MCP portal and select the option to Share their Transcript. This results in a combination of transcript ID and access code. They can then provide you with those two pieces of information, and you can enter them in the "validate" URL that you already know to get the transcript of that person. You don't need to be certified yourself or enter any credentials for yourself.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to check the certification status of a given person without that person previously giving you access to their transcript by means of the aforementioned ID and access code.

Thursday, January 14, 2016 11:50 AM
  • Thanks much Alberto. This has cleared my doubts. 

Friday, January 15, 2016 1:05 AM
  • Alberto is correct. The only way to verify is for the person to share their transcript.

I can't tell from your original question, but if they don't want to share it with you it's a good sign they don't have the certifications they are claiming :)

Friday, January 15, 2016 1:06 AM