OCS 2007 R2 Address book resync Issue

Question

• hi,

I have setup OCS 2007 R2 in my test lab. Everything is fine and smooth except Address book, After configuring the OCS client I can see all the client status. When I create new users and enable in OCS, I am not able to see them in search list. I tried "abserver-synchnow" option as well.

Bangalore, INdia,9886759578
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:02 PM

Answers

• I am able to resolve this issue. There is a tool in Reskit to referesh Address book as and when required. After running that I can referesh address book any time all contacts are available.

Sunday, June 7, 2009 8:24 PM

All replies

• Did you sign out of Communicator and back in after you updated the ABS?  I've found that when you are making quick changes it is often necessary to delete the local ABS file and then sign back in to get the new one.  In Vista/Windows 7 the file is located in your user profile under AppData\Local\Microsoft\Communicator\<SIP address>.  Delete the 2 files that start with the name galcontacts.

Also, be sure that you have waited at least a full 5 minutes after you run the -syncnow command (not -synchnow by the way) before you try to get the new address book.
    Mike Stacy | Evangelyze Communications | http://www.evangelyze.net/cs/blogs/mike
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:51 AM
  • Here's some additional documentation on the step-by-step procedere for manually refreshing the Adress Book end-to-end:
    http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=17

This was originally written pre-R2, but the only difference is that the Galcontacts.db file is located one folder deeper in R2, which Mike has mentioned above.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 11:14 AM
  • THis can be try in test LAb.
    What will I do in production. its not easy to go to every desk and do the same thing.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 3:23 PM
  • I know you can try to install ocs resource kits, which contains a script call lcsaddcontacts.wsf, read more in details on page 38 to 39 of Documentation after you install the resource Kits. But I am still facing a problem.

The command used is:

cscript lcsaddcontacts.wsf /usersFile:AllUsers.txt /contactsFile:Allcontacts.txt >log.txt

in AllUsers.txt
    OU=lcsusers,DC=Company,DC=com

in Allcontacts.txt

sip:user1@domain
    sip:user2@domain

I couldn't get it done and got the error message in log.txt file:

[Err] Invalid line in allcontacts.txt: '˜çs
    [Err] Invalid line in allcontacts.txt: '

Actually I check the allcontacts.txt and couldn't figure out what is wrong based on documentation. If some can help, Thank you very much in advance!

Thursday, May 21, 2009 7:17 AM
  • I am able to resolve this issue. There is a tool in Reskit to referesh Address book as and when required. After running that I can referesh address book any time all contacts are available.

Sunday, June 7, 2009 8:24 PM