which s best processor RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• AMD
    Friday, March 23, 2007 11:55 AM
  • Intel Core 2 Extreme processors are the best
    Also the Intel Quad  Core are getting too much hype now a days :)
    Friday, March 23, 2007 5:45 PM
  • I dont know buddy.. i have a single core 1.7 Intel processor at my home and a 1.8 dual core intel procesor at my college lab.. both have windows xp sp 2.. but at home i get much more fast and better performance than the dual core.. so though people are saying that dual core is good, i think for a home purpose the single core is way better.. you need dual core only for higher graphical programming which is not the case with everyone.. so why is everyone boosting so much about the dual core??
    I know only one benefit.. i.e. dual core consumes less power than single core.. can anyone put more light on other benefits???
    Saturday, March 24, 2007 3:46 AM
  • Hi

Few months back I planned to take a new laptop. I analysed over a month to find a good one and its Core 2 Duo. Recently I read an article regarding peformance analysis of Intel dual core and AMD dual core processors. Which, clearly stated that AMD fails and also produces enormus amount of heat. From my experience in 3 months. CORE 2 DUO ROCKS... (Also note Intel is slowly withdrawing Dual Core processors with Core 2 Duo's in the market)

Just see my lappy config.. HP - Core 2 Duo with 1GD DDR. Running atleast 15hrs a day and almost 20-25hrs continuously during weekends().  Running perfectly. You would have seen "Computer is personal again" in Hp ads. I will say "Laptop is PC again"

Finally, my suggestion is choose a processor for u'r needs. Don't blindly go for Dual or Single core.

Regards,

Arul

Friday, March 30, 2007 7:12 PM
  • i agree with you my friend, Core 2 DUO rocks Smile also the Quad Processors are rocking. but sad we get it at very high price in india.
    Saturday, March 31, 2007 6:20 AM
  • Intel Core is the best now a days
    Saturday, March 31, 2007 8:38 AM
  • Yes, Patel its costly in India. My lappy costed me 65K where as the same config with 2GB RAM costed less in Singapore.

Saturday, March 31, 2007 12:10 PM
  • in India, we have to wait a long time for the prices to drop. First thing is that we get things so late in India, and even after that we have to wait long for the prices to drop Sad
    Saturday, March 31, 2007 12:29 PM