Split Post RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I done that too bought a new genuine OEM Windows XP pro off ebay, to use windows software. I rang up microsoft about a certain issue and they asked me about the windows installed on my PC. I told them what it is.

They said we cant support u on this as its not Geniune copy because it is OEM, I asked did u mean counterfeit they said yes.

I took it off like a swift and stuck with what  I was using before putting XP on. I very rarely use ebay anyway

I certainly dont really recommend buying things like this off ebay.

Vincent
    • Split by Stephen Holm Wednesday, December 31, 2008 2:16 AM Splitting Post
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 10:12 PM

Answers

• Hello Vinnie,

Thank you for visiting the Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program forum. Have you contacted EBay and/or PayPal regarding this problem? Where PayPal is an EBay company, both websites are separate. Both websites will want to be contacted regarding your transaction to work with you. Where we are not aware of their exact process, we do recommend you looking into PayPal’s Resolution Center if you used PayPal to pay for your transaction. 

Please answer the following questions. We do appreciate your post and help. 

Tell us about the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) for your copy of Windows XP.

1. What edition/version of Windows XP is titled?

·         Home

·         Professional

·         Media Center

2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4. Please provide the customer scenario you are experiencing.

5. DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for, see this page to reference your COA:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/product.aspx?pID=2abf99cd-a5e4-469c-802e-55ca8ec542d5&cID=ea710cad-37b0-4975-bcd6-abfee19961df&method=oem&displaylang=en

Next, please fill out a Piracy Report located here:

http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/reporting/default.aspx

Then, please respond here with the following information so that I may follow up with our department.

·         Was this an individual or an actual business selling the product on EBay?

·          Did you receive the original software media disc, proper packaging and COA with the purchase?

·          Research and see if the person has an actual store front as well verses selling as an individual. Next please try and see if he has sold other Microsoft 
           Windows. Maybe he has a high negative feedback. Maybe other people have filed against this customer already. 

·         Please provide EBay Alias contact information and direct EBay link where you purchased the product to us.

·         Please post the auction number for what you bought on eBay.

·         Please provide us with answers and any other information which may be helpful.

Thank you for visiting the WGA program forum.

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Carl-S Tuesday, January 6, 2009 4:49 PM
    Wednesday, December 31, 2008 2:41 AM