29.900 indexed pages in google , NONE in live. RRS feed

• Question

• I've submitted my site both live search and google.By This time google indexed 29.900 pages and live NONE.
    I can't understand the reason . Any idea will be great .

Site url : www.banaarababul.com
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 9:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We do have you indexed:

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=site%3Abanaarababul.com&src=IE-SearchBox

Unfortunately, you are ranking extremely low. I also show that you have next to no backlinks to your site (only 6 total of which three are from this forum). One way to increase indexing in Live Search is by increasing your Static Rank. I think that if you concentrated on building relevant backlinks to your site, you will get indexed better. I suggest also reading our crawling and ranking blog post. Make sure you also verify in Webmaster Tools that none of your pages have crawl errors.  

Brett
    Wednesday, December 3, 2008 5:17 PM

All replies

• Of course i've submitted it to webmaster tools and passed the authentication test.

I think the problem is my site's xhtml validation. It gives so much errors when i try to validate it.

If this is true ( xhtml compatability affects crawl rate and indexed pages ) , live search will never give us the correct results
    because www is full of non-standard pages.

Any ideas ?
    Thursday, November 27, 2008 4:46 PM
  • All good suggestions.  I would add that I am not sure about your sitemap files format. If you could generate a standard XML file and submit that through the webmaster tools it could help.  I checked and the format is an .ashx and when the page renders it seems broken. 

Fixing this would be a good first step.

Jeremiah.
    Sunday, November 30, 2008 5:48 AM
  • My Sitemap files are autogenerated everyday via .ashx generic handler . This handler's response is xml . And it is not broken because google and yahoo can download and process it. ( I can see it in google webmaster tools )

Also size of my sitemap files are less than 1 mb.

Thanks again.

Sunday, November 30, 2008 10:50 AM
  • You are correct it is not your sitemap broken it is MSN that is broken, the problem is MSN are to stubbon and to stupid to even see they have a problem. Sadly until they open their eyes they are unable to fix it.

Sunday, November 30, 2008 11:16 AM
  •  alray wrote:
    You are correct it is not your sitemap broken it is MSN that is broken, the problem is MSN are to stubbon and to stupid to even see they have a problem. Sadly until they open their eyes they are unable to fix it.

you make me laugh alraySmile))
    Sunday, November 30, 2008 3:58 PM
  • MSN are going to employ me as a Moderator, LOL at least you would get truthful answers and not the *** (Oh forgot their technology blocks that word that starts with C and ends with P) they try to tell you.

A example: sorry we are not indexing your site the reason is our crawler does not work, instead of fixing it we prefer to waste our time writing programs to stop four letter words getting on the forum.

Sunday, November 30, 2008 4:18 PM
  • Smile)

By the way number of indexed pages in google is now 41.600 and as you know NONE in live.com

Sunday, November 30, 2008 5:14 PM
  • Hi,

We do have you indexed:

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=site%3Abanaarababul.com&src=IE-SearchBox

Unfortunately, you are ranking extremely low. I also show that you have next to no backlinks to your site (only 6 total of which three are from this forum). One way to increase indexing in Live Search is by increasing your Static Rank. I think that if you concentrated on building relevant backlinks to your site, you will get indexed better. I suggest also reading our crawling and ranking blog post. Make sure you also verify in Webmaster Tools that none of your pages have crawl errors.  

Brett
    Wednesday, December 3, 2008 5:17 PM
  • Brett, you forgot to add "even if you get good links MSN will only index a fraction of your site"

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 6:07 PM
  • i agree alray .

And i have to say something to Brett .

Why are backlinks affecting crawling ?

I'm ok with the effect of backlinks in ranking not in crawling and indexing . Suppose that you have a worldwide unique content page with no backlinks and somebody is searching keywords in this content via live search .

What'll live search say ?

"Sorry , we cant find any pages although there is a page absoluteley contains what you search . "

I think there is something wrong with microsoft's algortihm.

Thanks again for the answers.

Thursday, December 4, 2008 9:03 AM