Event ID 17188 on CRM "An error occured while loading performance counters. Counter Category: Server." RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting these errors very often on the CRM server 

An error occured while loading performance counters. Counter Category: Server.

An error occured while loading performance counters. Counter Category: Platform.

Event ID : 20249

Lost contact with a Sandbox Client.
     Source: Microsoft.Crm.Sandbox.HostService.exe (3644)
     Sandbox Client: crm: w3wp.exe (6020)

Is it possible to tell why this is happening and how to fix it ?

Thanks

Mohammed JH

Monday, October 15, 2012 6:33 AM

All replies

• Hello,

maybe this article can help you with the performance counter problems.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    View my latest gallery contribution here.
    Visit my blog here.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:27 AM
  • Hi Pavlos, I have applied the steps and will wait for 2 days to see if the errors will re-generate or not. meanwhile what do you think is causing the sandbox error ? I haven't seen it though since a week now but instead there's another error that's being generated very often. it's below.. 

Event code: 3005 

Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. 
    Event time: 10/19/2012 1:48:24 PM 
    Event time (UTC): 10/19/2012 10:48:24 AM 
    Event ID: 441a8fcfd18945998349307d740a62c2 
    Event sequence: 6836 
    Event occurrence: 2 
    Event detail code: 0 

Application information: 
        Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-1-129950372753678043 
        Trust level: Full 
        Application Virtual Path: / 
        Application Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\ 
        Machine name: CRM 

Process information: 
        Process ID: 3592 
        Process name: w3wp.exe 
        Account name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 

Exception information: 
        Exception type: HttpException 
        Exception message: Failed to Execute URL.
       at System.Web.Hosting.ISAPIWorkerRequestInProcForIIS6.BeginExecuteUrl(String url, String method, String childHeaders, Boolean sendHeaders, Boolean addUserIndo, IntPtr token, String name, String authType, Byte[] entity, AsyncCallback cb, Object state)
       at System.Web.HttpResponse.BeginExecuteUrlForEntireResponse(String pathOverride, NameValueCollection requestHeaders, AsyncCallback cb, Object state)
       at System.Web.DefaultHttpHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Request information: 
        Request URL: https://crm.mydomain.com:443/AppWebServices/MetricsReportingService.asmx/Report 
        Request path: /AppWebServices/MetricsReportingService.asmx/Report 
        User host address: 192.168.1.136 
        User:  
        Is authenticated: True 
        Authentication Type: Federation 
        Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 

Thread information: 
        Thread ID: 61 
        Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 
        Is impersonating: True 
        Stack trace:    at System.Web.Hosting.ISAPIWorkerRequestInProcForIIS6.BeginExecuteUrl(String url, String method, String childHeaders, Boolean sendHeaders, Boolean addUserIndo, IntPtr token, String name, String authType, Byte[] entity, AsyncCallback cb, Object state)
       at System.Web.HttpResponse.BeginExecuteUrlForEntireResponse(String pathOverride, NameValueCollection requestHeaders, AsyncCallback cb, Object state)
       at System.Web.DefaultHttpHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Custom event details: 

Mohammed JH

Friday, October 19, 2012 1:21 PM
  • Hi,

I'm afraid I can't help you with the other errors you are getting. They don't seem to be documented anywhere on the internet either. The Sandbox error could be related to errors in plugins (probably from native Microsoft CRM plugins). As for the other error, I don't have a clue.

Hopefully you will at least get rid of the performance counter errors.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    Visit my blog here.

Friday, October 19, 2012 4:17 PM
  • Thanks, I have checked and the same errors are still generated! btw I have checked the user (service account) I have specified to run the CRM the CRMApp pools and I remember that I changed it from something certain user to Local System due to another error I used to get and when I read somewhere it said that changing it will fix that error and it did, could this error be occurring because of the change I did ?

thanx

Mohammed JH

Monday, October 22, 2012 6:51 AM
  • Hi,

I'm afraid I don't know if this is the source of your problem, but I know that it is not a good practice to use the Local System (or any non-domain) account for the CRMAppPool identity.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Visit my blog here.

Monday, October 22, 2012 7:07 AM