Sign-in not found RRS feed

• Question

• So I, the network admin, can sign into OCS 2007 with Communicator 2007.  Every other person in the office get the error that their sign-in was not found.  What have I missed?  Also, I have found 0 docs on deploying 2007, I have done it all through trail and error.  Where do I find these docs?
    Thursday, April 12, 2007 3:47 PM

Answers

• Due to the lack of response to this thread, it has been locked and closed. Please start a new thread if you have similar issues.
    Wednesday, May 9, 2007 10:32 PM

All replies

• Further.. I found the documentation and have been running through it.  When I Validate my server install I see the following error message:

Maximum hops: 2
    Authentication protocol is not enabled: Ntlm
    Failed to establish security association with the server: User username Domain domainname Protocol NTLM Server FQDN_SE_Server Target Invalidated
    Suggested Resolution: Check whether the typed password and sign-in name are correct. Check whether the user is present in the AD and enabled for SIP. Check whether the target server is part of the Windows AD domain in which this user account is present. If this is a Kerberos failure check whether the client machine has access to the KDC. In some cases, Kerberos SA negotiation failures may be expected and hence can this error can be ignored.

Failure
    [0xC3FC200D] One or more errors were detected

Maximum hops: 2
    Failed to establish security association with the server: User username Domain domainname Protocol Kerberos Server sip/FQDN_SE_Server Target Invalidated
    Suggested Resolution: Check whether the typed password and sign-in name are correct. Check whether the user is present in the AD and enabled for SIP. Check whether the target server is part of the Windows AD domain in which this user account is present. If this is a Kerberos failure check whether the client machine has access to the KDC. In some cases, Kerberos SA negotiation failures may be expected and hence can this error can be ignored.
    Failed to register user: User sip:username@jjbedmonton.com @ Server FQDN_SE_Server Failed to send SIP request: NegotiateSecurityAssociation failed, error: -2146893052
    Suggested Resolution: Make sure that the server is listening on the specified IP address/Port/Transport. If you have a firewall make sure that this port is open. Make sure that the server is running. This can be ignored if you have not enabled the transport on the target server.

Thursday, April 12, 2007 5:29 PM
  • Hi,

Have you run through the Suggest Resolutions given in the error?

Have you enabled users for OCS? Have you configured them for enhanced presence? Are there any AD issues in your environment?

Please let me know if you have any other information.

Monday, April 23, 2007 6:19 AM
  • Hi Ghostta,

Can you let us know the status of your issue? Did you find a solution? If so, can you post it for the rest of the forum to see? If you still have the issue please let us know ASAP?

Monday, May 7, 2007 9:53 PM
  • Due to the lack of response to this thread, it has been locked and closed. Please start a new thread if you have similar issues.
    Wednesday, May 9, 2007 10:32 PM