Nuget Questions? RRS feed

• Question

• I have set up a private feed for nuget on our TFS server, using the nuget server, nuget package. THis has been succesfuly running but now I need to move it to a new server.

On the new server I can use the settings to point to the new server. I can get the packages to show up in the UI, but when I attempt top download I get an error

Unable to connect to the remote server

from the command line I get:

Install-Package : Unable to connect to the remote serverAt line:1 char:1
    + INstall-package BrXXXXXXXs.GlobalConstants -source http://tfs.brXXXXXXXs.c ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], WebException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.InstallPackageCommand

I have compared the 2 end points and I do not see what is different. I an access both thru a browser.

Thanks Noel

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:41 PM

Answers

All replies

• Noel,

Since you mention TFS, I'd ask in the Visual Studio Team Foundation Server forums.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Proposed as answer by Mike Laughlin Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, September 4, 2015 4:24 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by N Anderton Wednesday, September 23, 2015 7:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Sunday, September 27, 2015 2:18 PM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:46 PM
  • If you hit a dead end in the TFS forums, you could also try here:

https://github.com/NuGet/Home/issues

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, September 4, 2015 4:24 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by N Anderton Wednesday, September 23, 2015 7:17 PM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:55 PM
  • I unmarked this as an answer because ai still have the problem, do far the other forums have not provided answers either.

Thanks Noel

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 7:19 PM
  • Okay, but you won't get any further answers here either.

The purpose of this forum is to direct you where to ask, not provide direct solutions.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 7:24 PM