Returning Windows 7 Home Premium RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I am wondering where/who I can contact about returning my order that I had just purchased through Genuine advantage. I found out I had purchased the wrong product. I haven't used the activation code or anything and I called the number attached to my email, but apparently that was for technical support. 

Sunday, April 24, 2011 6:05 PM

Answers

• "jakemorris" wrote in message news:92ff3f9b-7309-4667-a9af-6177865cea01...
    That process did not happen, I purchased a Windows 7 Home Premium edition from the options. When I tried using the code, it wouldn't let me activate the product. I need to return it so I can purchase the right version

Ah - What edition is currently installed?
    You may need to activate the new Key over the phone, rather than Internet...

use telephone activation.
     Click on the Start button
    in the Search box, type
    SLUI   4
    and hit the Enter key
    follow the instructions - but when asked which service you require by the telephone ansafone, do NOT reply - this should force an operator to respond, who can deal with you.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, April 25, 2011 7:59 AM

All replies

• "jakemorris" wrote in message news:77ed2b5d-b4ad-47c2-a879-6d30d21c4258...

Hi everyone,

I am wondering where/who I can contact about returning my order that I had just purchased through Genuine advantage. I found out I had purchased the wrong product. I haven't used the activation code or anything and I called the number attached to my email, but apparently that was for technical support. 

Normally the WGA process will only allow you to purchase the direct replacement for your current 'non-genuine' installation - are you saying that this process did not happen?
    I'm not aware of any procedures, other than those explained in the confirmation email fro MS - are they not present?

--

Sunday, April 24, 2011 6:15 PM
  • That process did not happen, I purchased a Windows 7 Home Premium edition from the options. When I tried using the code, it wouldn't let me activate the product. I need to return it so I can purchase the right version
    Sunday, April 24, 2011 6:38 PM
  • "jakemorris" wrote in message news:92ff3f9b-7309-4667-a9af-6177865cea01...
    That process did not happen, I purchased a Windows 7 Home Premium edition from the options. When I tried using the code, it wouldn't let me activate the product. I need to return it so I can purchase the right version

Ah - What edition is currently installed?
    You may need to activate the new Key over the phone, rather than Internet...

use telephone activation.
     Click on the Start button
    in the Search box, type
    SLUI   4
    and hit the Enter key
    follow the instructions - but when asked which service you require by the telephone ansafone, do NOT reply - this should force an operator to respond, who can deal with you.

--

Monday, April 25, 2011 7:59 AM