CX700 / Tanjay not receiving dial-plan updates RRS feed

• Question

• I've encountered a strange issue with a number of Tanjay devices (all running the July 08 firmware) not receiving dial-plan updates.

We are running OCS 2007  Enterprise with two FE pool servers.  I recently made some slight changes to the dial plan to remove an dial plan overlapping issue with Tanjay off-hook dialing.  The correct dial plans have been update on most devices but there are a number that simply won't update.

I've signed out / in of the phones, phone cycled, reset and they still will not play the game.

I've read that the client receives this information when it signs into the pool or every 8 hours.

When the client (OC 2007 or OC 2007 Phone Edition) signs in to the pool they will get configuration information downloaded through in-band provisioning. The phone normalization rules are in the <LocationProfileDescription> XML tag. The client will also re-load the rules each 8 hour.

Does anyone have any suggestions or more information on how the sign in process works.  There doesn't seem to be anything amiss in the IIS logs on either of the FE boxes.

Regards

Gavin
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 11:32 AM

All replies

• I have seen this behavior as well. Your best bet is to perform hard reset i.e reset your phone to factory defaults by using small pin on back of device, between the headset and USB interfaces. This will clean the settings only, not the firmware it self.

Drago
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 11:42 AM
  • Drago - I have tried that as well - still no luck.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009 8:18 PM
  •  You can use the "Logging Tool" and capture the SIPStack. Make sure to sign on the device as an user that does not have any other candidates active at this moment. This way you will see exactly what is sent to this device which in return can give you better idea.

Drago
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:50 AM
  • These phones have a life of their own, I have found that you restarted all services and abserver -synchnow will somehow normally force the dial plan down to these phones. 

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 12:14 AM