user account dissapeared and cannot get past log in screen even in safe mode,vista RRS feed

• Question

• about 3 days ago,a problem occured on my laptop,if the make and model is desperatly needed then i can provide.
    when trying to log onto my laptop i am presented with the usual log on screen but without my account.
    instead it has been replaced with "other user".
    this account has a space for user name and password but nothing i type in works.
    none of the buttons on screen work and ctrl+alt+delete also does not work
    when booting the laptop from start point and pressing f8 i cannot go into safe mode,the option is available as well as all the other usual options on the boot screen but when i select safe mode it just takes me back to the log on screen with "other user"
    i cannot think of anything different which i have added or removed to the laptop,software or hardware which may have affected it
    if any more information is needed feel free to contact me
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 5:27 PM

Answers

• "levilikethebible" wrote in message news:77fdd23f-351c-4798-b930-8960437b1d15...
    about 3 days ago,a problem occured on my laptop,if the make and model is desperatly needed then i can provide.
    when trying to log onto my laptop i am presented with the usual log on screen but without my account.
    instead it has been replaced with "other user".
    this account has a space for user name and password but nothing i type in works.
    none of the buttons on screen work and ctrl+alt+delete also does not work
    when booting the laptop from start point and pressing f8 i cannot go into safe mode,the option is available as well as all the other usual options on the boot screen but when i select safe mode it just takes me back to the log on screen with "other user"
    i cannot think of anything different which i have added or removed to the laptop,software or hardware which may have affected it
    if any more information is needed feel free to contact me

You need to post in a more appropriate forum - try the Vista Repair forum here....

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, December 9, 2010 6:27 PM
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 9:12 PM