HPCBasicProfile Stopping automatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

In a nutshell,  am prototyping an online job submission service where i can submit jobs to a HPC cluster through a website.

Went through New HPC cluster setups, Added a broker node and configured the HPC node as a Broker node too.

Commissioned the HPC node, then when i accessed the HPCBasicProfile Service URL, an error is displayed with directions to un-comment some lines providing the FQDN of the server, and adding an endpoint under the services element. Done; to reflect the changes I restart the HPCBasicProfile service...and here where it breaks, its just keeps on stopping automatically since its "not in use by any service or program".

What am I missing something here?

Thanks a lot in advance

Saturday, October 15, 2011 4:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Which version of Windows HPC Server are you using?

Did you use hpcbpws.ps1 Powershell script to start HPC Basic Profile? If installed with the defaults, it will be located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 R2\Bin directory.

Also you may want to take a look at new Web Components we've added in Windows HPC Server 2008 R2 SP2: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh314627(WS.10).aspx These include:

- The Windows HPC Server Web Portal, which cluster users can use to submit and manage jobs via web browser,

- An interface to the HPC Job Scheduler Service using an HTTP web service that is based on the representational state transfer (REST) model.

Regards,
    Łukasz

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:50 PM