Silverlight Won't Run on Windows 7 64-Bit computers RRS feed

• Question

• I'm just trying to get started with Silverlight, but nothing works on my 64-bit Windows 7 development computer.  

I get the message "You need to install the latest Silverlight Developer runtime before creating a Silverlight project.  It provides a link to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=146060.

I've tried that install several times and it always comes back to the same message.

Is there a clear set of instructions for installing VB 10 on a Windows 7 64-bit machine that will make things work.  I've already tried a number of things online procedures unsuccessfully.

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Monday, July 15, 2013 5:58 AM
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 1:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

I am afraid that the issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

As far as I know, if you want to create Silverlight project, you need to install Silverlight Developer. Since you still get issues after installing it, I am afraid that there is anything wrong with the installation.

I suggest that you can consult on Silverlight forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/silverlight/en-us/home forum better response. Anyway, I move it to the moderator forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Monday, July 15, 2013 8:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Monday, July 22, 2013 2:06 PM
    Monday, July 15, 2013 5:58 AM