none
Fix layout RRS feed

• General discussion

• When I come to Suggestions and Feedback for the Forums-forum, I expect to see what threads are there, but instead I see the following:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Browser title
    Browser menu bar
    Browser function bar
    Browser quick links bar
    Browser second quick links bar
    Browser tabs bar
    Login & Microsoft links
    MSDN title and MSDN Search box,
    which is thick and takes two rows
    MSDN Forums title and user icon,
    which is thick and takes two rows
    Function buttons and user name
    White space and user medals
    White space
    Forum category links
    Forum title, search box, and help link
    Forum description and Browse by Tag -title
    Announcements title and Browse by Tag box
    Announcements thread link
    Some white space around boxes
    First row of threads functions box
    Second row of threads functions box
    Some white space
    Page numbers and thread list field titles
    1st visible thread and Statistics title
    Post information about 1st visible thread first row plus white space and Statistics box
    Post information about 1st visible thread second row plus white space
    2nd visible thread
    Post information about 2nd visible thread first row plus white space
    Post information about 2nd visible thread second row plus white space and Top Answerers title
    3rd visible thread and Top Answerers box
    Post information about 2nd visible thread first row plus white space
    Post information about 2nd visible thread second row plus white space
    Browser status bar
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can try to reduce my browser bars, but that is not enough alone. It would be better if you removed white space, combined some function bars, removed / moved unnecessary things somewhere else, and combined "information about the thread"-rows into a single row.

The old forums is bad. There is lots of bugs and layout was almost unusable until I adjusted my screen resolution bigger. After that I see 7 threads visible at first after loading the page. Now in the new forums I see only 3 threads visible at first. So its more than half worse than the old forums. Though the old forums still has bad layout on "information about the thread", because it creates more unnecessary rows even when there is white space to use, if I make the browser window smaller horizontally.

When I browsed some more, I saw more threads at first after downloading the page, because the announcements box is shown only at the first page. But I still see only 4 and half threads at a time until I scroll down. It goes to top of the page automatically too instead of going to top of the threads list.

I should be able to see more thread titles without scrolling down. The thread titles are the main content, not everything else.

Also in the subcategory page there is lots of unnecessary white space.

• Edited by Silvercode Monday, August 18, 2008 7:42 AM Added links
    Monday, August 18, 2008 7:27 AM