Case auto-generated mail RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need your help about a dynamic hyperlink that is incorrect.

We create cases and automatically when we save a new case, the owner receives an email with the description of the case with a link to it.

We used this article for example: http://www.magnetismsolutions.com/blog/paulnieuwelaar/2011/11/26/Record_Hyperlinks_Available_in_Dynamics_CRM_2011_Workflows.aspx 

The problem is that the link to the case " {Case-{Record URL(Dynamic)}} " generate a link like : "organisation.crm.domain.com/main.aspx?...." and the correct link has to be "crm.domain.com/main.aspx?...."  

I spent hours attempting to resolve but I didn't found the problem. Sooo, someone has an idea? 

P.S: we have an ADFS configured

I also tried to check this but nothing:

1. open the Deployment Manager on your server
    2. Right click the root object (Microsoft Dynamics CRM) and click properties
    3. Click the Web Address tab
    4. Set the FQDN into the textboxes there.
    5. You might have to restart the CRM services and the IIS

Many thanks for your help

• Edited by FDST Friday, July 10, 2015 12:28 PM
    Friday, July 10, 2015 12:28 PM

All replies

• The url seems to indicate that CRM thinks it is setup as online, not onpremise.

You could check the registry on the server if there are any settings there.

Simplest way might be to create a DNS alias for the url.

Halldór Jóhannsson

Friday, July 10, 2015 1:03 PM
  • Thanks Halldor

I just forgot to mention something sorry. The alias was setup and OK thanks.

The problem now is that the "organisation.crm.domain.com/main.aspx?...." redirect to a certificate error page and when we bypass the error it redirects to adfs.domain.com for login. If I go on "crm.domain.com/main.aspx?...." the link opens directly on CRM without error.. Can't understand why..

if you have an idea.. :)

Thanks in advance 

Best regards

Friday, July 10, 2015 1:59 PM
  • What happens if you go to organisation.crm.domain.com, without using main.aspx?..... etc.

Halldór Jóhannsson

Friday, July 10, 2015 2:16 PM