Edited text RRS feed

• Question

• The words Edited by has become in a way senseless.

Can it not be made in a way that it is only done as there has been replies newer than the message.

Now every correction of a typo get that text so senseless to look at it anymore.

Thanks

Cor
    Monday, September 5, 2011 5:39 AM

All replies

• I agree, it is common practice for forums to only display something along the lines of "Edited by" if someone makes a change after another post; it would make sense for the occasional typo fix!

Steve

Steve Goodman
    Check out my Blog for more Exchange info or find me on Twitter

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 10:00 PM
  • Ummm... +1. I usually see my typos when I go to add the <br /> for dash-dash-space-newline (harking back to a sig in newsgroups) using the HTML button, but not always.

--
    Andrew

Thursday, September 8, 2011 9:21 PM
  • I agree as well, especially since this is an annoying "new feature".   (I suspect that you are trying to avoid something that might be perceived as "cheating" but surely there is a more intelligent answer than this.)

So, my choices are (1) leave the typo or (2) fix it and give a reason "spelling" or some such. 

This is all just so much noise, since usually I see the error just moments after posting. Ideally, of course, I would have seen it before, but that does not always happen.

If no one has responded, or even if it is within 10, 15, or 20 minutes it could still pretty much be considered part of the original post as far as I am concerned.

RLF

Monday, September 12, 2011 5:21 PM