adjustable backup cycle RRS feed

• Question

• In my home are 2 PCs that not frequently used ... one ore two times for one or two hours.
    I miss the possibility to adjust
    1) how often the backup is scheduled (dayly, 3days, weekly, ...)
    2) when the warning occurs (3, 5, 10 backups missed)

Regards Robert
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 9:30 AM

Answers

• In Windows Home Server Beta 2 - the automated image-based PC backup is scheduled daily.  The health notifications turn to yellow after 2 days of missed backups and turn to red after 7 days of missed backups.  You can do a 'Manual Backup' from the tray icon on a home PC, instead of leaving a PC on at night for the automated backup process to do its thing
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 3:57 PM

All replies

• There are a number of suggestions to this effect, both in the forums and on Connect. You should probably look for one on Connect that matches your vision and vote for it.
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 12:29 PM
  • In Windows Home Server Beta 2 - the automated image-based PC backup is scheduled daily.  The health notifications turn to yellow after 2 days of missed backups and turn to red after 7 days of missed backups.  You can do a 'Manual Backup' from the tray icon on a home PC, instead of leaving a PC on at night for the automated backup process to do its thing
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 3:57 PM
  • This does not address the case when a PC is removed from the WHS network. This will happen when I travel. I might be gone for two week with my computer.  Why should those at home get yellow and red alerts on their computers while I am traveling?
    Friday, April 20, 2007 8:29 PM
  • With the CTP beta release of WHS, the ability to turn off backups for a computer has been added, along with the ability to turn off network health notifications. You should be able to turn off backups for the PC that's temporarily removed from your network and not have it trigger warnings, or turn off notifications on most of the PCs in your home.
    Friday, April 20, 2007 9:33 PM