Mobile security RRS feed

• General discussion

• As a business user, it seems to me that the security of Windows Mobile is inadequate. Most users don't want to have to enter a password every time they use the device - maybe a hundred times per day.

What they need is a remote lock capability, which also locks automatically if the remote lock is not available (ie. no network coverage, sim change, network off, etc.).

I believe the devices can be remotely locked via Exchange, but only if the network provider supports the push feature. What is needed is a possibility to lock via SMS in addition.

Have I overlooked something?

I tried the Warden Security app., which apparantly brings this feature. It currently doens't work on my WM6 device, but the company has promised a swift resolution. As a security aware company, I think Microsoft should add this feature a standard one - or make sure users are guided to enable it, if it is already there.

Best regards,

"learningwindowsmobile"

Monday, March 10, 2008 8:37 PM

All replies

• I've now found a solution to my own problem: mSafe from MotionApps works well on my

Samsung SGH-i780 running Windows Mobile 6 Pro.

mSafe features locking on loss of network, receival of a specific SMS, and removal of SD card. The first 2 works well, the third is triggered all the time for some reason.

mSafe is a great step forward for the security.

Sunday, June 8, 2008 2:13 PM