how do i add a new product? RRS feed

• Question

• I know this may seem like a stupid question - I have looked everywhere and cant work out how to create a new product within CRM. I can see a listing of all products from within marketing sales and service, but there is no way to create a new product. I know the form exists, I can see it when I edit the product entity.

Many Thanks
    Jurgen
    Monday, October 29, 2007 10:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Jurgen,

You need to click on following to create new product.

Settings --> Product Catalog --> Products --> New

If you are still not able to reach New Product window then may be you dont have enough rights. Check with your CRM Administrator.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 11:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Jurgen,

You need to click on following to create new product.

Settings --> Product Catalog --> Products --> New

If you are still not able to reach New Product window then may be you dont have enough rights. Check with your CRM Administrator.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 11:22 AM
  • Jurgen,

You are likely looking at the Product list under Sales. This is basically a read only listing. In order to add new Products, you need to do it under Settings as uMar states in his reply.

Larry

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 4:02 PM
  • And be aware that the product catalog is only available under Settings in the web client for CRM and may not display if you have the Outlook client open.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 9:06 AM
  • Hi,

You can add new products from the Settings Area. For this, one should have sufficient security rights so as to add new products.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 12:09 PM