none
I can't get a windows 7 to update RRS feed

• Question

• I can't  get a windows 7 to update, is there a tool or some settings I can make it update.
    • Moved by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, January 2, 2018 3:01 PM Looking for the correct forum
    Wednesday, December 13, 2017 5:15 PM

Answers

• Hello mcnalbri,

try to download and install the Windows Update Client for Windows 7

it will ask to restart your device. after reconnecting with internet try following commands

1. Open command prompt.
    2. type "netstat" command, it will display your network traffic on the PC.
    3. give some time to it, it may takes 30-mins to 1 hour to get the windows updates.

Select the required updates and stay up to date.

Monday, December 25, 2017 1:13 PM
  • Hello,

If Sukhdev's suggestion doesn't help,  I'd ask in the Windows Update forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 3:01 PM

All replies

• Hello mcnalbri,

try to download and install the Windows Update Client for Windows 7

it will ask to restart your device. after reconnecting with internet try following commands

1. Open command prompt.
    2. type "netstat" command, it will display your network traffic on the PC.
    3. give some time to it, it may takes 30-mins to 1 hour to get the windows updates.

Select the required updates and stay up to date.

Monday, December 25, 2017 1:13 PM
  • Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 2:59 PM
  • Hello,

If Sukhdev's suggestion doesn't help,  I'd ask in the Windows Update forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 3:01 PM