one care 6 months free subscription?.can't log into my account to check billing RRS feed

• Question

• hi have an e-mail notice from Livecare saying that I have a 6 month extension to my subscription which ends on 16/04/2010, but my module says it expires on the 15th ( midnight I suppose)

i'm unable to log into my account, the e-mail that the notifications go to isn't recognised, the password isn't recognised,  my windows live e-mail isn't recognised and i can't reset the password as neither are recognised..............and I can't even login to account help with the product code to get help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah...hellllllppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please

Sunday, April 4, 2010 11:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• I think you may have squeaked in under the wire with an expiration of the 15th. Your expiration date will not update in OneCare until the original subscription expires.

As for the second part of your issues, open OneCare, go to Help/About to see your subscription ID. use that ID to login at https://billing.microsoft.com

You can also contact customer service to verify that your subscription is being extended: 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, April 5, 2010 2:59 PM
  • thanks Mr Boots, appear to have sorted it initial login problems as the account was in a previous address althought it had been updated to contact on new addresses. How embarasing.lol.

Still no closer to actually finding out if the subscription has been or will be extended because i'm unable to log into help.  quality

Monday, April 5, 2010 4:17 PM
  • If you got the notice indicating you have the extension, then you'll likely see it on the date of expiration, so I'd not be overly concerned about it. On the other hand, if you are not using any of the extras of OneCare, there's really no good reason to continue using OneCare since Microsoft Security Essentials provides the same protection with improvements and it is free.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, April 5, 2010 6:37 PM