Error while registering Custom WorkFlow Activity. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

Can you please tell me the steps to create and register a custom workflow activity from the scratch?

I'm facing some problems and errors while doing this.Help me plz.

The steps i've followed are,

1.opened VS2005

2.Add new project>select workflow>Activity library>add ativity.

3.add codes

4.signed the assembly

5.Build

6.Opened the plugindeveloper tool.

7.Add references.

8.edit the register .xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <Register
        LogFile = "Plug-in Registration Log.txt"
        Server  = "http://test911:5555"
        Org     = "zenitinformatica"
        Domain  = "Gruppozenit"
        UserName= "administrator" >

<Solution SourceType="0" Assembly=".........\CustomWFActivity.dll">
                <WorkflowTypes>
                     <WorkflowType TypeName="CustomWFActivity.CustomActivity"
                                   FriendlyName="Custom Activity"/>
                    </WorkflowTypes>
            </Solution>
    </Register>

9.Here is my doubt.we need to place the pre-build workflow assembly-CustomWFActivity.dll in the bin/debug folder of plugindeveloper?????

or need to specify only the actual path of the assembly in the register.xml?

Anyway when i run the plugindeveloper tool, the command window opened and asked password.i've entered password and click ENTER.Than got an exception.

I also tried another method,i copy the register.xml to the bin\debug of the workflow project and Build the project.Then i opened the Plugin registration tool and connect.Then i imported the register.xml file.Clicked import selected Plugins Button.Then also i got an error,

Unhandled Exception: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request.
    Detail: <detail><error>
      <code>0x80040216</code>
      <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description>
      <type>Platform</type>
    </error></detail>
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
       at PluginRegistrationTool.CrmSdk.CrmService.Create(BusinessEntity entity) in C:\Documents and Settings\krishnaraj.r\Desktop\CRM\SDK_VB\sdk\tools\pluginregistration\Web References\CrmSdk\Reference.cs:line 212
       at PluginRegistrationTool.RegistrationHelper.RegisterPluginType(CrmOrganization org, CrmPlugin plugin) in C:\Documents and Settings\krishnaraj.r\Desktop\CRM\SDK_VB\sdk\tools\pluginregistration\RegistrationHelper.cs:line 313
       at PluginRegistrationTool.ImportExport.ImportSolution(CrmOrganization org, ICollection`1 assemblies, ICollection`1 checkedTreeNodes, IDictionary`2 pathList) in C:\Documents and Settings\krishnaraj.r\Desktop\CRM\SDK_VB\sdk\tools\pluginregistration\ImportExport.cs:line 279
       at PluginRegistrationTool.ImportExportForm.btnExecute_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\krishnaraj.r\Desktop\CRM\SDK_VB\sdk\tools\pluginregistration\ImportExportForm.cs:line 126
    I've also refered msdn...but i still getting these problems and errors..
    I tried these not in the CRM server machine but in a system in the same network and the user(me) is added as administrator in the CRM Deployment manager also.
    Waiting for a reply...
    Please help!!
    Friday, July 4, 2008 6:07 AM

Answers