Reduce Primitive Time In Syncrhonization RRS feed

• Question

• Hello...

I'd like to ask if there is any optimazation about to reduce the syncrhonization time

that need in every synchronization ( about 20 sec each time )

thanks in advance

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:05 AM

All replies

• not sure what you're trying to synchronize.

if its database, you can look up "Tuning and Monitoring Performance" in the documentation.

in addition, you can optimize Sync Fx similar to other database applications, so you can look at indexes, filters, size of your data,  etc...

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:12 AM
  • thank you very much for the reply. I gonna give you the scenario in simple words. I have a database with 10 tables sql server and another one 10 tables in sql ce every time that I synchronize both with syncrhonization framework the initial delay is about 20 seconds before starting of the execution of SQL statements that was generated by the wizard. I want if it is possible to reduce that initial time of the 20 seconds if it is possbile..
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:16 AM
  • you can enable sync tracing to find out what's happening in that initial 20secs. (although, i doubt there is something you can about it to cut that short).

what's sync direction in your scenario?

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:25 AM
  • bidirectional for 2 tables

upload for 4 tables

and download for the rest..... but I think the delay came from the syncrhonization framework

because 

without making any changes this initial time of ( 18-20 sec)  stays every time that

I trigger sync button

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:31 AM
  • Hello,

Two things:

1) Are you using the 2.1 version of the provider SqlSyncProvider? There have been performance improvements.

2) The tracing as suggested by JuneT will let us know exactly what is going on.

Friday, October 8, 2010 5:51 PM
    Answerer