Shared Folder RRS feed

• Question

• Ok where did the shared folder go and why? And why does it say there are no network issues yet sometimes you cant sign into certain features?
    Saturday, August 11, 2007 6:06 PM

Answers

•  

The share folder in msn live messenger. Yesterday most of my tabs on Live messenger(6.0.2900.2180) just disappeared. There was no warning sign's from msn of server's being offline or messages related to this. Later in the day (8 hours) they returned.

As for the service's unavailable, i was so frustrated with the disapearing tabs i honestly do not recall now what it was i tried signing into that told me service unavailable. I believe it was an alert in my messenger saying 1 invitation for friend pending. When i clicked it the pop up window appeared and said service unavailable.

I am not a n00bie to pc's, but in all honesty i have stayed away from msn messenger and most other msn feature's for 8 years because of these type's of issue's. The only thing i have used msn for over that time was to assist other people  through remote control. With setting up software's such as 3rd party chat clients (yahoo related),  showing them basic pc tools for best performance such as Defrag, scan disk, deleting ie cache etc.

In today's world, people are hungry to communicate, yet unfortunately the places WE have to goto do not communicate with us. Whether it's yahoo and it's chat room's that you can't get in ( no offense msn but your chat is not good by any standards and definately not worth paying for) , or msn and all of the sudden disappearing tabs without warning (Is it to much to send an alert to user's saying server's will be worked on today, please bare with us while we sort through this?)

I did'nt come here to bash anyone , and i am not. But this is feedback to you MSN, it is feedback in an honest post. I came here looking for help and thank god you have a forum as it did allow me to type a message and walk away from the pc out of frustration yesterday.

But today is a new day and so far at 6:00 am sunday morning Aug. 12, 2007 all of my tabs are here. Hopefully they will stay this time.

Sincerely,

Nam

( Problem was not solved by any technical advice, it was time and patience that fixed the issue. If you have tabs disappearing from your msn messenger, share folder just goes poof, my advice is turn off the pc and go outside and play with your dog or family before they to disappear, because unfortunately they probably will not be able to just come back as my shared folder/tabs did)

Sunday, August 12, 2007 11:42 AM

All replies

• Which shared folder? Which features are you unable to access?

Sunday, August 12, 2007 5:21 AM
  •  

The share folder in msn live messenger. Yesterday most of my tabs on Live messenger(6.0.2900.2180) just disappeared. There was no warning sign's from msn of server's being offline or messages related to this. Later in the day (8 hours) they returned.

As for the service's unavailable, i was so frustrated with the disapearing tabs i honestly do not recall now what it was i tried signing into that told me service unavailable. I believe it was an alert in my messenger saying 1 invitation for friend pending. When i clicked it the pop up window appeared and said service unavailable.

I am not a n00bie to pc's, but in all honesty i have stayed away from msn messenger and most other msn feature's for 8 years because of these type's of issue's. The only thing i have used msn for over that time was to assist other people  through remote control. With setting up software's such as 3rd party chat clients (yahoo related),  showing them basic pc tools for best performance such as Defrag, scan disk, deleting ie cache etc.

In today's world, people are hungry to communicate, yet unfortunately the places WE have to goto do not communicate with us. Whether it's yahoo and it's chat room's that you can't get in ( no offense msn but your chat is not good by any standards and definately not worth paying for) , or msn and all of the sudden disappearing tabs without warning (Is it to much to send an alert to user's saying server's will be worked on today, please bare with us while we sort through this?)

I did'nt come here to bash anyone , and i am not. But this is feedback to you MSN, it is feedback in an honest post. I came here looking for help and thank god you have a forum as it did allow me to type a message and walk away from the pc out of frustration yesterday.

But today is a new day and so far at 6:00 am sunday morning Aug. 12, 2007 all of my tabs are here. Hopefully they will stay this time.

Sincerely,

Nam

( Problem was not solved by any technical advice, it was time and patience that fixed the issue. If you have tabs disappearing from your msn messenger, share folder just goes poof, my advice is turn off the pc and go outside and play with your dog or family before they to disappear, because unfortunately they probably will not be able to just come back as my shared folder/tabs did)

Sunday, August 12, 2007 11:42 AM
  • Glad it's working again. Just as a suggestion, you might try a newer version of Live Messenger - http://get.live.com/messenger/overview

Sunday, August 12, 2007 1:56 PM
  • Ty and i am glad it is working again as well, but actually i was using that messenger (not the beta) when it all started. And i went backwards in builds to attempt to find a stable program. I don't believe the issue was me or my msn as i have talked with a buddy a few hundred miles away and he experienced the same issues. I feel confident in saying it was a MSN server issue.

And Thanks Jim for taking the time to try to help out, it is appreciated . Enjoy your day.

Sunday, August 12, 2007 2:14 PM