none
No longer can click on person's name to access this person's profile RRS feed

• Question

• I believe there was a way originally to click on user's name and open his/her profile. With the recent change to a very small font this functionality is not there anymore.

Thanks in advance.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Sunday, January 8, 2012 3:40 PM

Answers

• All of this is a bug, an unintended one (I really shouldn't go away for vacation ;-). There was a work item to make it so the entire hover card wasn't one big hyperlink (made it really hard to copy/paste from it). However the code change removed the link from more than just the card which had a cascading effect. We'll have this fixed in our next release on 2/2.
    Monday, January 9, 2012 6:42 PM

All replies

• I just tried and I see what you mean. However, when you hoover over the name and get the short profile, you can move to the View Profile link, if you are careful, and get the full profile.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services
    Sunday, January 8, 2012 6:08 PM
  • I believe there was a way originally to click on user's name and open his/her profile. With the recent change to a very small font this functionality is not there anymore.

Thanks in advance.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Yeah, that functionality has been gone for now. I remember Brent said somewhere regarding last upgrade that "The changes were only visibility nothing at back end" but there is surely something changed at back end which drop the link to open profile directly. Still they have a link to open profile by hovering like Richard already mentioned.

I think this need to be looked by Brent or Ed.

Thanks, Hasham

Monday, January 9, 2012 4:26 AM
  • All of this is a bug, an unintended one (I really shouldn't go away for vacation ;-). There was a work item to make it so the entire hover card wasn't one big hyperlink (made it really hard to copy/paste from it). However the code change removed the link from more than just the card which had a cascading effect. We'll have this fixed in our next release on 2/2.
    Monday, January 9, 2012 6:42 PM