none
Mark thread as unwanted/uninteresting RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I would like to have the possibility to mark a thread as uninteresting so I can filter these threads out.

Today I see every answer to all threads in "my forums threads". With this feature I have the chance to avoid reading threads which I'm not interested in twice.

Greetings

Wolfgang Kluge
    gehirnwindung.de
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 3:26 PM

All replies

• On a related note, it would be very nice to be able to remove a thread from "My Threads"... Often, there are threads where I wish I could ignore it, but they live on far past my contribution (and far past where I wish to continue to watch the thread).  Being able to remove this would be helpful.
    Reed Copsey, Jr. - http://reedcopsey.com
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 4:33 PM
  •  

I would like to have the possibility to mark a thread as uninteresting so I can filter these threads out.

Use the NNTP bridge and then you could use your news client to do that for you.   ; )

---

Thursday, May 6, 2010 3:04 AM
  •  
    One other thing. Is it possible to have threads in my threads' list, but not receive alerts?
    Not using the preview.   Open the thread in its own window and then click on Remove Alert (in the header).
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 1:40 PM
  • Will it still keep this thread in my threads list? Besides, this looks like a complex path.
    Of course.  I suspect that you may be missing that you don't need to request alerts--ever.   FWIW the only thing that I use them for is keeping track of replies I have made in forums that I'm not subscribed to after they fall off "My threads" list.  ; )
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 4:13 PM
  •  
    Thanks, it seems to be working OK except that now "my threads" are not marked with an extra icon, so I should remember where I participated when I look at My Forums view.

Yes.  As I mentioned, if you reply in a thread which is not in one of your subscribed forums it may be an idea to mark it with an alert request before it rolls off your current thread list.

Robert
    ---
    Friday, May 7, 2010 3:22 AM
  • Hi Robert,

that's a good solution with only some little (ignorable) downsides: The marked threads have to be synced between different news clients and there's no "insert code block"-Button...

Anyhow, it's a good alternative ;)

Wolfgang Kluge
    gehirnwindung.de
    Sunday, May 9, 2010 8:38 AM