Why can't MSN Live Search find my sitemap? RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to add my sitemap in the Live Search Webmaster Tools.
    I used this URL: http://www.condoom-anoniem.nl/index.php?option=com_xmap&sitemap=1&view=xml&no_html=1

If you visit this URL, you'll see the map. But why can't Live Search Webmaster Tools find it?
    Friday, December 14, 2007 4:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• I have the same problem. My sitemap URL is:
    www.spherehealthcare.com.au/index.php?option=com_xmap&sitemap=1&view=xml&no_html=1

but Live Search Webmaster tool can't find it either.
    Saturday, December 15, 2007 4:26 AM
  • Today the webmaster tools is looking only in one location and that is the root of your site.

So for example, if the site is:

www.spherehealthcare.com.au

We look for the sitemap in:

www.spherehealthcare.com.au/sitemap.xml

Our tool today does not work with querystring parameters or dynamic links to the sitemap.

Jeremiah

Monday, December 17, 2007 6:52 PM
  • is there any timeframe for remedying this? my sitemap/siteindex files are dynamically generated and use querystring parameters,
    Monday, December 31, 2007 6:40 AM
  • You could probably use your htaccess file to rewrite the url into something Live could understand.  I'm going to look into this because I am having the same issue.
    Monday, January 14, 2008 7:55 PM
  •  

Query strings shouldn't matter or how it gets created. As long as the sitemap is created and you can FTP to your webserver and validate where it is (ex: <site webaddress>/sitemap.xml) you will be all set and that should be the address you should submit. Don't use the one created by your program. Just link directly too it.
    Monday, January 28, 2008 12:59 PM