Can Some One Give Me Some Help With CRM Reporting RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys,

I am currently trying to create reports in report builder 3.0 and I'm running in to issues, some of our fields that I'm trying to build reports for such as "Call Outcome" show up as the value numbers rather than the option set label names, how do I resolve this? any ideas?

As such:

Many Thanks

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 3:00 PM

Answers

• Instead of using the table to get data - look under Views and then look for 'FilteredPhoneCall'.

It provides the joins behind the scenes to get the data is the format you need.  You would then look for a field call 'new_calloutcomename'.

In the actual tables, an option set has text and a value associated with each option, the value (number) is stored in the record. 

Jason Lattimer

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 4:23 PM

All replies

• Instead of using the table to get data - look under Views and then look for 'FilteredPhoneCall'.

It provides the joins behind the scenes to get the data is the format you need.  You would then look for a field call 'new_calloutcomename'.

In the actual tables, an option set has text and a value associated with each option, the value (number) is stored in the record. 

Jason Lattimer

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 4:23 PM
  • Hi,

You can use he below query as reference for getting the Option set text value in report. Hope it helps.

select
    a.new_OrganizationType,
    fsmc.Value as OrgTypeName

from Quote q

inner join Account a on q.accountid=a.accountid

inner join Opportunity o on o.OpportunityId=q.OpportunityId

LEFT OUTER JOIN FilteredStringMap AS fsmc ON

a.new_OrganizationType = fsmc.AttributeValue AND fsmc.AttributeName = 'new_OrganisationType' AND

fsmc.FilteredViewName = 'Filteredaccount'

where (q.QuoteNumber = 'Quotenumber')

Here new_OrganizationType is an option set.

Thanks,

Prasad

(If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".)

Thursday, September 6, 2012 4:52 AM