none
Windows Production Activation Expired&Stuck in Safemode Loop RRS feed

• Question

• I am 64 years old and have a Legal Copy of Windows XP Home Student Edition for 5 Years. My Issue began when I was hijacked about 5 weeks ago. Kept getting PopUps saying I was infected with all kinds of virii which I wasn't. I kept clicking on the PopUps to close them. I finally got rid of them. Then my Internet Connection went South, and next my CD\DVD player would not work and finally I got the Balloon stating\paraphrasing that I had made major changes to my system (I had not made any) and I would have to Reactivate my Copy of Windows within three days or I would be locked out of Windows until I did. When I moved here a little over a year ago, I brought a lot of discs but did not bring my XP Disc with me and I thought I had all of them. Duh!! I did find a way to get into Windows to access my Files and Folders and even the Registry. Checking things out I discovered that my TCP\IP had no settings entered. I kept the settings from my ISP and tried to enter them into the configurations for the DNS etc. I just could not keep the window open long enough to get all of them entered. Light Bulb--!! Go into Safemode and try to enter them possibly. I was not aware that I would not be able to get into Safemode, well when you are desperate, sometimes you will try anything once. Well, the Activation message came up and I tried to enter Safemode and could not access it. The message said I had to go into Normal Mode to activate. I am at a complete loss because the only way I could get into Safemode was through MSCONFIG. Made sense to me but because I clicked on the BOOT.INI in MSCONFIG and checked the Safeboot with network box I am stuck in a loop. Safemode, Activation Message stating I have to go into Normal mode. I was not able to find anything in the BIOS to indicate I could make any change to prevent the system from booting into Safemode. PS I did Tech Support for MS for 2 years about 10 years ago before they Offshored their support. Any help would be appreciated, as I have a lot of pictures of my deceased Beloved Soulmate on the system. I do have a Search and Recover CD but my CD\DVD drive is not even showing on the system now so it does me no good. I am on SSI Disability thus, I have a fixed income at this point. I have a Custom Built Computer, an Antec Tower, HP CD\DVD drive, Western Digital 160 GB HDD, an ASUS Motherboard SATA 1.98 GB Processor, 1024 GB DRAM Memory with about 800 MB Free and the Virtual Mem is 1.9 GB, Graphics Card GForce 5500, XP Home\Student Edition, 32 Bit,  I have to use my nextdoor neighbors and my sons computers, so if you do not hear a reply right away that is why. I would really appreciate any help you may be able to give me.

Everything always happens for a reason, whether we know it or not at the time.

• Edited by Johnnie63 Friday, May 7, 2010 11:21 PM add quote
    Friday, May 7, 2010 11:18 PM

Answers