microsoft money plus deluxe RRS feed

• Question

•  While trying to add to my money programme, A tile comes up to inform me that there is problem and will have to close the programme, which it promptly does. Can you offer a solution to this problem as I cannot work with money sunset deluxe.
    Wednesday, October 21, 2015 3:24 PM

All replies

• This behavior could be caused by a problem with your Money installation or with the Money file itself.  To figure this out:

- Locate your Sample.mny file and try to open it.  That file is usually in the C:\Programs\Microsoft Money Plus or C:\Programs (x86)\Microsoft Money Plus folder.  If this opens successfully, then the problem is likely with your Money.mny file.  If Sample.mny also misbehaves, then the Money installation is the problem and you should try reinstalling Money. Post back is you need help with that.  Be sure to tell us what version of Windows you are using.

- If Sample.mny opens successfully, then damage to your Money.mny file is likely.  Locate your most recent backup of your Money.mny file and see if that behaves properly.  Post back if that also has the same problem.

In either event, review your backup process and make sure that you have recent backups on CD, DVD, or flash drive in case your computer's hard drive is beginning to fail.

Bill Becker

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 4:40 PM
  • I have just starting on windows 10, I have tried opening in c: Money, this works and on my usb back-up  both work Ok. hope to find a solution.
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 3:59 PM
  • I don't understand what you are asking, so I'll make a guess at what is causing your problem and then ask some questions in the event that my guess doesn't work for you.

First, the guess: To run US Money Plus Deluxe on Windows 10 you need to replace your mnyob99.dll file with a patched version of that file.  See the first "Sticky" thread in this forum:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d28d6921-1f01-430f-b33e-f5a3ec47077b/important-patch-for-money-plus-maybe-20062007-mnyob99dll?forum=money

IF this doesn't fix your problem, the please provide more information:

- Did you just upgrade to Windows 10?  If so, what was your previous version of Windows?

- Did Money work as you expect before the upgrade to Windows 10?

- When you say "I have tried opening in c: Money, this works" what did you open?  Your Money.mny file?  And it works? If so, what is your question?

- What do you mean by "and on my usb back-up  both work Ok"  What is your usb backup?  Just your Money data files (.mny and .mbf files) or do you have a full system backup on a USB-connected drive?  Is that backup Windows 10 or an earlier version?

Bill Becker

Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:47 PM